【句子】-- We’re horrible people.
-- I’m only following your lead. 【Modern Family-S2E13】
【发音】[wɪə(r)] [ˈhɒr.ɪ.bl]/[ˈhɔ:r.ɪ.bl] ['pi:pl]
[aɪm] [ˈəʊn.li] [ˈfɒl.əʊɪŋ]/[ˈfɑ:l.əʊɪŋ] [jɔ:(r)] [li:d]
【发音技巧】I’m only连读;
【翻译】-- 我们人品可真差劲!
-- 我只是跟着你说而已。
【适用场合】
今天学习一个短语,叫做follow one’s lead
它的英文解释是什么呢?
1. to act in a manner similar to someone else
或者to do as someone else does
照着别人的行为来模仿,有样学样;
eg: I know you're nervous about having to lie to Mom, but just follow my lead and don't start rambling.
我知道要向老妈撒谎,你肯定很紧张,但是跟着我做就行了,别乱说话。
eg: I am following my sister's lead joining this tennis club.
我只是跟随我姐姐的脚步,加入了这个网球俱乐部。
2. 接受别人的指导/建议
to accept someone's guidance
或者to follow someone's direction
eg: Just follow my lead and you will not get lost.
跟着我走,不迷路。
eg: He followed his father's lead and became a lawyer.
他子承父业,也成为了一名律师。
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
We'll go through the dance routine again. Please follow my lead.