A Dream Within A Dream
梦中梦
by Edgar Allan Poe
埃德加·爱伦·坡
Take this kiss upon the brow!
不能再吻你的额头,
And, in parting from you now,
到了再见的时候,
Thus much let me avow--
我不得不说 —
You are not wrong, who deem
你是对的,我的生活
That my days have been a dream;
不过是一场梦。
Yet if hope has flown away
但是,如果希望已经飞走
In a night, or in a day,
无论在夜里,或在白天,
In a vision, or in none,
无论在幻想,或在虚无中,
Is it therefore the less gone?
那么它是否会因此留下一些呢?
All that we see or seem
我们所看到、所感受的一切
Is but a dream within a dream.
不过是一场梦中的梦。
I stand amid the roar
我站在
Of a surf-tormented shore,
怒涛彭湃的海岸边,
And I hold within my hand
我的手中
Grains of the golden sand--
攥着金黄的沙粒—
How few! yet how they creep
留不住啊!它们快速地
Through my fingers to the deep,
穿过我的手指而去,
While I weep--while I weep!
我哭了-我哭了!
O God! can I not grasp
哦,上帝!为什么我不能
Them with a tighter clasp?
牢牢地抓住它们?
O God! can I not save
哦,上帝!为什么我不能
One from the pitiless wave?
从这无情的波涛中救出一个?
Is all that we see or seem
难道我们所看到、所感受的一切
But a dream within a dream?
不过是一场梦中的梦?