A Fragment
碎片
Lord Byron
拜伦
背景:Peter Kater-Gently Dreaming
朗读:英式发音
When, to their airy hall, my Fathers' voice
当我父的声音响彻他们宽敞的礼堂
Shall call my spirit, joyful in their choice;
我要呼唤我的灵魂,为它们的选择喜乐
When, poised upon the gale, my form shall ride,
当我的身躯携呼啸狂风而驰骋
Or, dark in mist, descend the mountain's side;
或在黑雾中下山
Oh! may my shade behold no sculptured urns,
哦!愿阴影下不见精雕的骨灰盒
To mark the spot where earth to earth returns!
为了标识这尘归尘、土归土的地方
No lengthened scroll, no praise-encumbered stone;
没有冗长的卷轴,没有满镌赞扬的石块
My 'epitaph' shall be my name alone:
我的“墓志铭”上有的只是我姓名
If 'that' with honour fail to crown my clay,
如果那名字不能为我的土地光荣加冕
Oh! may no other fame my deeds repay!
哦!愿对我的功绩不要报以虚名
'That', only 'that', shall single out the spot;
“那名”,只有“那名”,方能昭示该地
By that remembered, or with that forgot.
要么名与我均记,或者我与名俱忘