20180308
话题18:礼物
We send gifts to each other on important festivals.
在重要的节日,我们互赠礼物。
Sending gifts is a way of expressing your gratitude to some person.
赠送礼物是表达感激的一种方式。
Gifts represent our best wishes.
礼物代表了我们衷心的祝愿。
When people are choosing gifts, they tend to be influenced by advertisements.
在人们挑选礼物的时候,他们有被广告影响的倾向。
In my opinion, the giver's sincerity is more important than the price of the gift.
在我看来,送礼者的诚意(真心)比礼物的价钱更为重要。
We tend to send nutritious food to old people as gifts.
我们习惯于把营养品作为礼物送给老人。
Take account of the personal preference of the receiver when choosing a gift.
挑选礼物的时候应该把收礼者的个人喜好考虑在内。
Show your gratitude when receiving a gift.
当你收到礼物的时候,要表达你的感激之情。
We Chinese people do not open the gift on the spot when receiving it.
我们中国人收到礼物时,并不当场拆开包装。
In China when people say the gift is worth nothing they are just trying to be modest.
在中国,人们说礼物不值钱时往往只是试图表示谦虚。
I value handmade gifts more than expensive gifts bought from big stores.
相比在大商场买的贵重礼物,我更珍惜手工制作的礼物。
Gifts can not buy friendship.
礼物买不到友情。