新浪微博 @意趣英语
公众微信 YiQuEnglish
Marie: And somebody bought it? 还有人买这个?
Skyler: Yeah, some guy in Minneapolis. $14.00 plus shipping. 有个Minneapolis的人买的,14美金加运费。
Marie: At this rate, in 50 or 60years, you’ll be rich. So how goes the novel? 照这个速度下去,五六十年以后你就发了。小说写得怎么样?
Plus shipping 加运费
I ordered you the book you asked for online. It’s $20 plus shipping. 我在网上买了你要的书,20美金加运费。
At this rate 照这个速度
We’re working too slow. At this rate we won’t finish the project until next year. 我们工作太慢了,照这个速度明年才能完成项目。
Marie: So what’s up with Walt lately? 老白最近怎么了?
Skyler: hat do you mean? He’s fine. 什么意思?他挺好的。
Marie: He just seems. I don’t know quieter than usual. 我就是看起来比平时安静了。
Skyler: Turning 50 is a big deal. I mean, I’m sure as hell not looking forward to 40. 到50岁可是大事,我可不期待变40岁。
So what’s up with... lately? 用来询问某人/某事最近的情况,进展。
So what’s up with the dog lately? He just sleeps all day. Is he sick? 狗狗最近怎么了?他总是整天睡觉。
Turning 50 is a big deal. 到50岁了是件大事哦。
...is a big deal. ...是件大事哦。
A: Why are you so happy? It’s just a part-time job. 你怎么这么开心?就是一个兼职工作呀。
B: Getting that job is a big deal to me. I need the money. 得到那份工作对我来讲很重要,我需要这份钱。
新浪微博 @意趣英语
公众微信 YiQuEnglish