A.The Little Prince
The grown-ups' response, this time, was to advise me to lay aside my drawings of boa constrictors, whether from the inside or the outside, and devote myself instead to
geography, history, arithmetic and grammar. That is why, at the age of six, I gave up what might have been a magnificent career as a painter. I had been disheartened by
the failure of my Drawing Number One and my Drawing Number Two. Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever
explaining things to them.
大人们劝我把这些画着开着肚皮的,或闭上肚皮的蟒蛇的图画放在一边,还 是把兴趣放在地理、历史、算术、语法上。就这样,在六岁的那年,我就放弃了 当画家这一美好的职业。我的第一号、
第二号作品的不成功,使我泄了气。这些 大人们,靠他们自己什么也弄不懂,还得老是不断地给他们作解释。这真叫孩子们腻味。
B.
1.It's time to get up! Wake up!该起床了,醒醒啦
2.The sun is up.Time to get up.太阳都晒屁股啦,该起床了。
3.Mom,I'm so sleepy.5 more minutes.妈妈,我还没睡醒,再睡5分钟吧。
4.You're running late!Get out of bed.不行 ,要迟到了,立刻起床。
5. It's already 7:00 AM.现在都7点了。
6. Next time,go to bed earlier.明天开始早点睡。
7. All right.I am up now.知道了,已经起来了。
8. Good morning,did you sleep well?早上好,宝贝睡得好吗?
Wake up./Get up.醒醒。/起床了。
Hurry and get up./Rise and shine.快点起床了。/太阳晒屁股了。
You,sleepyhead.Come on,don't be lazy.你这个小懒虫,还不起床,快点!
Are you awake?睡醒了吗?
Good morning.早上好!
Did you have a good night/rest?宝贝睡得好吗?
Is your Dad still sleeping?爸爸还在睡觉吗?
Go and wake Dad up,please.去把爸爸叫醒!