The Orange
桔子
by Wendy Cope
温迪·可普
At lunchtime I bought a huge orange —
午饭时我买来一个特大的桔子
The size of it made us all laugh.
大得令我们全都发笑。
I peeled and shared it with Robert and Dave
我剥了皮,跟罗伯特和戴维分着吃
They got quarters and I had a half.
他俩各吃四分之一,我吃了一半。
And that orange, it made me so happy,
那个桔子,真是让我开心
As ordinary things often do
就像最近,我时常开心于那些
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
平凡的事情。购物。在公园散步。
This is peace and contentment. It’s new.
这便是平静和满足。但很新鲜。
The rest of the day was quite easy.
那天剩下的时光都很惬意。
I did all the jobs on my list
我做完了清单上所有的活计,
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
享受那一切,并打发时间。
I love you. I'm glad I exist.
我爱你。我很开心我活着。