为你读英语美文 · 第495期
主播:永清,坐标:北京
朋友你好,我是永清,我在北京向你问好,欢迎收听为你读英语美文。最近我在读美国诗人沃尔特·惠特曼的作品《自我之歌》。《自我之歌》是《草叶集》的压卷之作,也是《草叶集》中最长的一首诗,全诗分52节,这首诗被誉为“关于自我觉醒,认知和民主意识的壮丽诗篇。”
今天我要为你读的是《自我之歌》的前两节,让我们一起走进惠特曼的诗意世界。
SONG OF MYSELF
《自我之歌》
作者:Walt Whiteman
第1节
I celebrate myself,
我赞美我自己,
And what I assume you shall assume,
我所讲的一切,将对你们也一样适合,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
因为属于我的每一个原子,也同样属于你。
I loafe and invite my soul,
我邀请我的灵魂同我一道闲游,
I lean and loafe at my ease.... observing a spear of summer grass.
我俯首下视,悠闲地观察一片夏天的草叶。
第2节
Houses and rooms are full of perfumes.... the shelves are crowded with perfumes,
屋宇和房间里充满了芳香,框架上也充满了芳香,
I breathe the fragrance myself, and know it and like it,
我自己呼吸到这种芳香,我知道它,我喜欢它,
The distillation would intoxicate me also, but I shall not let it.
这种芬芳的气息,要使我沉醉,但我不让自己沉醉。
The atmosphere is not a perfume.... it has no taste of the distillation.... it is odorless,
大气并不是一种芳香,它没有熏香之气,它是无嗅的物质,
It is for my mouth forever.... I am in love with it,
但它永远适宜于我的呼吸,我爱它,
I will go to the bank, by the wood and become undisguisedand naked, I am mad for it to be in contact with me.
我愿意走到林边的河岸上,去掉一切人为的虚饰,赤裸了全身,我疯狂地渴望能这样接触到我自己。
The smoke of my own breath,
我自己呼出的气息,
Echoes, ripples, and buzzed whispers .... loveroot , silkthread , crotch [krɒtʃ] and vine,
回声、水声、切切细语、爱根草、合欢树、枝杈和藤蔓,
My respiration and inspiration.... the beating of my heart.... the passing of blood and air through my lungs,
我的呼气和吸气,我的心的跳动,血液和空气在我的肺里的流动,
The sniff of green leaves and dry leaves, and of the shore and dark - colored sea - rocks, and of hay in the barn ,
嫩绿的树叶和干黄的树叶,海岸和海边的黝黑的岩石和放在仓房里面的谷草所吐的气息,
The sound of the belched words of my voice.... words loosed to the eddies of the wind,
我吐出来散布在旋风里的文字的声音,
A few light kisses.... a few embraces.... a reaching around of arms,
几次轻吻,几次拥抱,手臂的接触,
The play of shine and shade on the trees as the supple boughs wag,
在柔软的树枝摇摆着的时候,枝头清光和暗影的嬉戏,
The delight alone or in the rush of the streets, or along the fields and hillsides,
独自一人时的快乐,或在拥挤的大街上、在田边、在小山旁所感到的快乐,
The feeling of health.... the full - noon trill.... the song of me rising from bed and meeting the sun.
健康之感,正午时候心情的激动,由床上起来为迎接太阳而发出的我的歌声。
Have you reckoned a thousand acres much?
你以为一千亩是很多了么?
Have you reckoned the earth much?
你以为地球是很大了么?
Have you practiced so long to learn to read?
你已有了长久的练习,学到了读书的能力了么?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
你在理解了诗歌的意义的时候曾感到非常骄傲么?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of all poems,
和我在一处呆过一日一夜,你就会有了一切诗歌的泉源,
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun.... there are millions of suns left,
你将会得到大地和太阳的一切美善,还有千万个太阳留在那里,
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand.... nor look through the eyes of the dead.... nor feed on the spectres in books,
你将不再会间接又间接地去认识事物,也不会通过死人的眼睛去观看一切,也不会以书本里的假象和鬼影作为你的粮食,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
你也不会通过我的眼睛观察,从我去获得一切,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them for yourself.
你将静静地向各方面倾听,经过你自己而滤取它们。
最近如果天气不错,我在会起床后,先到公园冥想20分钟,再打20分钟的太极舒展身心,然后会找个安静的地方,晨读惠特曼的《自我之歌》,我尝试着和惠特曼一样,俯首下视,悠闲地观察一片夏天的草叶;呼吸清新的空气;我坐在林间的椅子上,倾听风吹动树叶的沙沙声,鸟儿的切切私语,还有北京这座城市的回声。在风吹过的时候,看到树枝在清光和暗影中嬉戏,感受着独自一人时的快乐。我放慢脚步,安静下来,渴望接触到自己,也渴望去感受身边的世界。别人的经验可以参考,别人的文字可以阅读,但能最直接感受到这个世界的,是我们的眼睛,耳朵,鼻子,皮肤,和我们的心。
把感受打开,让自己灵魂沉着而冷静地面对大千世界,我是永清,我们下期再会。
▎背景音乐
広橋真紀子 - エレクトリカルパレード
▎主播介绍
永清: 为你读英语美文创始人
后期制作:永清
文章,音乐,图片非商业用途,版权归作者或版权方所有
我们生活在世界各地,从事不同职业,和你分享我们喜欢的美文。我们的公众号是: “为你读英语美文”。