Career 13 Motivating Struggling Employees 激励落后员工
Career Tips:
Interviewing Questions and Answers:
1. What’s the meaning of your English name? 你的英文名字有什么含义么?
普通回答: Actually, Sushi is my nickname. My friends gave me this name because I like to eat the Japanese food sushi.
回答示范: As a matter of fact, Sushi is a nickname my friends gave me, because I like sushi and like to make sushi. I can make about ten different kinds of sushi! My friends say that my personality is a bit like sushi, simple but good.
2. Why did you select your major area of study? 你为什么选择了这个专业?
回答示范: I selected Business English as I was quite good at English back in high school. Apart from this, my high school teachers recommended that I select a major related to business, since I showed some good qualities for business management at a young age. So, I chose this major, business plus English, two in one.
3. Would you briefly describe this company to me? 介绍一下你的原单位, 好吗?
回答示范: “广盛发”, the name means “a big, prosperous company”, although it’s not really a very big company. It’s true that the company is quite prosperous. It specializes in exporting women’s shoes. With only 10 employees so far the turnover last year was up to 15,000,000 RMB. I am one of the three customer service officers, with the responsibility of order taking, tracking and general customer service roles. Due to the limited number of staff, we all work more than 10 hours a day, 7 days a week in busy season.
2. Business Words Match
1) abolish :The Emancipation Proclamation abolished slavery in the United States.
《解放黑奴隶宣言》在美国废除了黑奴制度。
2) abound:The region abounds in coal. 这个地区煤矿丰富。
3) absorption:The absorption of additional competition is limited by the size of the market.
合并其他竞争者受市场规模的限制。
4) access:There are some black spots that won’t allow access for communications.
有一些事故多发地段禁止通信。
5) accessory: An appendix may be appended as an amendment or an accessory claim.
附件可以作为修订或附属声明增补进去。
6) accuracy: Efficiency doesn’t mean sacrificing accuracy in your work.
提高效率并不意味着要牺牲精确程度。
7) accurate: Your facts have to be accurate if you are to be believed.
如果你要别人相信你,那么你提供的事实就要准确。
3. Written Business English
subject lines:
1) apology for the defective products;对有缺陷的商品致歉;2) condolences;哀悼;3) inquiry;咨询;4) approval;批准;5) request for permission;请求许可;6) summer campaign;夏季促销;7) itinerary;行程表;8) confirmation of reservation;预约确认;9) Relocation; 工作调动;10) Quotation for the computers; 计算机报价;
13 激励落后员工Motivating Struggling Employees
Words: deadline;期限;decision-maker;决策者;feedback;反馈;project;项目;workload;工作量;
Phrases:be authorized to;被授权做…; be back up; 回升;do research;做调研;follow one’s advice;遵从某人的建议; in no time; 很快,立刻; make excuse s for; 为。。。找借口;miss one’s targets; 没有完成指标;on behalf of; 代表…; potential client; 潜在客户;prioritize the things; 排个先后顺序;the right people; 合适的人;work on;做着,致力于…;
Useful Expressions:询问状况:
1. Do you know why I asked you to come to my office? 你知道我今天为什么叫你来吗?
2. Is something the matter? 出了什么问题了吗?
3. What do you think the problem is? 你觉得问题出在哪里?
4. Why do you think that is? 你认为这是什么原因呢?
5. I have noticed that you’ve been missing your sales targets for the past few weeks. 我注意到,过去几个星期里,你没有完成你的销售指标。
6. Are you sure you’re contacting the right people? 你确定你联系的这些人都是正确的推销对象吗?
7. Are they authorized to make buying decisions on behalf of their company? 他们能够代表各自的公司做购买决定吗?
8. How many projects are you working on right now? 你现在做几个项目?
说明原因:
9. I know. I’m really sorry about that. 我知道,对此,我很抱歉。
10. When I call potential clients, they always make excuses for not wanting to buy. 我一给潜在客户打电话,他们就总是想找各种借口不想购买。
11. I’ve got so much to do, and I don’t know where to begin. 我手头的活儿太多了,都不知从何处入手。
12. I do my best, but I don’t know that I’m suited for this job. 我真的尽了最大的努力,但是我不知道自己适不适合这份工作。
建议和鼓励:
13. You just need to do more research about your potential clients, so you know who the real decision-makers are.你只是需要对潜在的客户做更多研究,这样才能知道谁才是真正的决策者。
14. Once you do that, your sales numbers will be back up in no time. 你要是这样做了,你的销售业绩肯定很快就会有进步。
15. You should always work on the most important or urgent tasks first. 你应该永远把最重要的或最紧要的任务放在第一位。
16. If you are not doing the necessary preparation, many of the calls will just be a waste of time.你如果你准备不到位,那么给客户打电话也是白费时间。
17. You do have some room to improve. I think with a little hard work you’ll be fine. 你确实有一些要改进的地方,但是我觉得只要努力一下就会很好。
18. If you keep at it, I’m sure you’ll do fine. You have a lot of potential. 你继续努力,我觉得你会做得很好,你很有潜力。
表示感谢:
19. Thank you for your feedback. I’ll definitely follow your advice. 谢谢你的反馈。我一定会遵从你的建议。
20. That’s a really good idea.这真是个好办法。
Dialogue 1:
Brianna:Hi,Wallace,please have a seat. Do you know why I asked you to come to my office? Hi,Wallace,你知道我今天为什么叫你来吗?
Wallace:Is something the matter? 出了什么问题了吗?
Brianna:No, not really. I have noticed that you’ve been missing your sales targets for the past few weeks. 没有,没什么大事。我注意到,过去几个星期里,你没有完成你的销售指标。
Wallace:I know. I’m really sorry about that. 我知道,对此,我很抱歉。
Brianna:What do you think the problem is? 你觉得问题出在哪里?
Wallace:I’m not sure. When I call potential clients, they always make excuses for not wanting to buy,or they say they need to think about it.我也说不准,我一给潜在客户打电话,他们就总是想找各种借口不想购买,要不就说需要考虑一下。
Brianna:Are you sure you’re contacting the right people? Are they authorized to make buying decisions on behalf of their company? 你确定你联系的这些人都是正确的推销对象吗?他们能够代表各自的公司做购买决定吗?
Wallace:I guess I’m not really sure. 我想,我也不确定。
Brianna:You’re a good salesman, Wallace. You just need to do more research about your potential clients, so you know who the real decision-makers are. Once you do that, your sales numbers will be back up in no time. 你是个好的销售员,Wallace,你只是需要对潜在的客户做更多研究,这样才能知道谁才是真正的决策者。你要是这样做了,你的销售业绩肯定很快就会有进步。
Wallace:Thank you for your feedback. I’ll definitely follow your advice. 谢谢你的反馈。我一定会遵从你的建议。
Dialogue 2:
Vanessa:Hey, Robby, you’re looking a little tired the past few days. Is there anything I can do to help? 嘿,罗比,这几天,你看上去有点疲惫呀。 有什么事情需要我帮忙的吗?
Robby:It’s just that I’m working on several client projects all at once. I’ve got so much to do, and I don’t know where to begin. 就是因为我同时跟几个客户项目。我手头的活儿太多了,都不知从何处入手。
Vanessa:How many projects are you working on right now? 你现在做几个项目?
Robby:Five altogether.总共五个。
Vanessa:Wow, that’s a pretty heavy workload. But the projects have different deadlines, right?哇,那你的工作量真大呀。但是每个项目的最后期限都不一样,对吗?
Robby:Yeah, there’s one that I have to finish by next week. 是呀,其中一个项目,我下星期前就得完成。
Vanessa:I think you just need to learn how to prioritize better. Make a detailed list of everything you need to do, how important it is, and when you need to finish it. You should always work on the most important or urgent tasks first. 我觉得,你只是需要学会如何分轻重缓急。把你需要做的事情列一个详细的清单,标上每件事的重要性和最后期限。你应该永远把最重要的或最紧要的任务放在第一位。
Robby:That’s a really good idea. I’ll make a list and start prioritizing the things I need to get done. Thanks, Vanessa. 这真是个好办法,我会列一个清单,开始我需要做的事排个先后顺序,谢谢你,Vanessa;