Lesson 27 Making a Choice 选择方案 上篇
Part One: foreign trade dialogues:
Visiting a company参观公司
(A=Buyer B=Exporter)
A: Mr. Fang, may I take a look around your company?
A: 方先生,我可以参观一下贵公司吗?
B: Yes, of course. I'll show you around. Let's go outside.
B:是的,当然可以。我带你四处转转,咱们走吧!
A: Your buildings are very large.
A:你们的办公大楼真大啊!
B: Yes. We are still expanding.
B:是的,我们正在扩建呢。
A: What's that red building?
A:那座红色的建筑物是做什么用的?
B: That's our research and development center.
B:那是我们的研发中心。
A: Would you mind showing me your showroom?
A:可以带我去看看你们公司的展示间吗?
B: Of course. It's on the fourth floor.
B:好的,在四楼。
A: Is any work done by yourself?
A:所有的工作都是由你们自己来完成的吗?
B: Yes, we are fully self-sufficient.
B:是的,我们完全自给自足。
A: What type of company is it?
A:你们是哪一类型的公司?
B: It's a trading company.
B:我们是一家贸易公司。
A: Does most of your business deal in exports?
A:你们的主要生意是出口经营吗?
B: Yes, most of our business is in trade with America.
B:是的,我们大部分的生意都是跟美国交易的。
A: How about Europe?
A:那欧洲方面呢?
B: Well, at the moment, not much. But with a view to future trade, we have branch offices inNew York and Chicago. We're planning to open a new office in Pairs, too.
B:嗯,目前还不是很多。但是鉴于长远的贸易发展,我们在纽约和芝加哥已设立分公司。我们也计划在巴黎开一家新公司。
A: Is your main office in Shanghai?
A:总公司在上海吗?
B: Yes, it was founded in 1993. I belong to the Export Department and I meet foreigncustomers; I show them our new products and discuss trade terms
with them. I sometimes entertain our customers.
B: 是的,它成立于1993年。我隶属于出口部;我要会见外国客户,带领他们参观本公司的新产品,并和他们讨论贸易条款。有时候,我还要款待我们的客户呢!
Part Two: let’s write an email:
1.Dear Mr. Wang, 亲爱的王先生,
Thank you for your cooperation.
谢谢您的合作。
We agree to pay 102,000 RMB at the time of delivery of 6, 000 motors.
我们同意在6,000 件电机发货时,支付102,000元人民币。
This will complete our payment of 6,000 motors and you will get 50,000 RMB deposits for our new order of 19,000 motors.
这个是支付6,000件电机的全款,同时您可以收到我们50,000元人民币作为新订单的19,000件电机的定金。
Regards 祝福你
Neeraj Jain Neeraj Jain
2-Dear Mr. Wang, 亲爱王先生,
We have not paid money so far. I have asked you to send me your account detail so that we can make deposit in your account.
我们还没有付款,我在邮件里已经说明需要您的银行账户的详细资料,然后我们才能给您付款。
Regards祝福
Neeraj Jain Neeraj Jain
3-Dear Mr. Jain,
We are so happy to receive the deposit money from your cousin at Shenzhen. I need purchase and sale contract (If the treaty content is written in Chinese and English, that’s great).
很高兴收到了您在深圳的表妹打来的定金。我需要一份采购和销售合同(如果是中英文双语版的就再好不过了。)
Please see the attachment with the A/C details and the packing list.
请查看附件中我们的银行资料以及装箱单。
Best Regards 最好的祝福;
Small Wang Small Wang;
4-Dear Mr. Wang,
Kindly mail me packing list. Please pack 4 small cartons (4*100 pcs) in one big carton as last time.
请给我发装箱单,用4个小纸箱(每个小纸箱100件),然后再把4个小纸箱装到一个大纸箱里。
Please cover all cartons by plastic to protect them from water.
请用塑料覆盖纸箱表面以免受潮。
Shipping mark should be written on big carton and the small cartons.
大小纸箱都需要写上唛头。
This shipping mark as follow:
唛头的信息如下:
To-***International, Delhi Carton No-SMJ;
Since total number of motors is 5000 pcs and there are 400 motors in one carton, 12 cartons will have 400 motors and carton No. 13 will have 200 motors. Hence last carton will have shipping mark:
由于电机的数量是5000件,而纸箱容量是400件一箱,第13箱是200件一箱,最后一箱的唛头如下:
To-*** International, Delhi Carton No-SM13;
Regards, 祝福;
Neeraj Jain; Neeraj Jain;
Lesson 27; Making a Choice 选择方案
1.Words: animate 自动;available 可用的;balanced 平衡的; ballroom舞厅;care for 喜欢;disoderly混乱的;font字号;interface 界面;layout 布局;marketing 营销部;navigate查阅;pick挑选;potential 有潜力的;rent租用;send out 发出;venue场所;
2.Phrases: banquet room 宴会厅;book it in advance提前预订;color scheme色彩设计;convention center 会议中心; dark-looking 太暗了;go through浏览;to tell you the truth 坦白地说;visually appealing 悦目的;
Dialogue 1:
Scott: Kevin from marketing has come up with three potential designs for the new website. If you have a few minutes, let’s go through them and see if we can pick one. Scott: 营销部的凯文为新网站做了三个设计方案。如果你能抽出几分钟的时间,我们就来浏览一下这三个方案,看看我们能不能从中挑一个。
Monica:Sure,I’ve got time.
Monica:当然,我有时间。
Scott:Great. I have the designs saved on my laptop. Here’s the first one.
Scott:太好了。我把设计方案都存进笔记本电脑了。这是第一个方案。
Monica:To tell you the truth, I don’t really like the layout of interface. It’s disorderly and seems hard to navigate.
Monica:坦白地说,我不喜欢这个页面的布局,界面。它很混乱,而且看上去难以查阅 。
Scott:Agreed. Let’s move on to the next one, what do you think?
Scott:我也这样觉得。那我们来看下一个吧。这个你觉得怎么样?
Monica:Hmm, I’m not sure I care for that color scheme. It’s too darking-looking. Besides, the fonts are too small.
Monica:这个色彩看上去不是很舒服,太暗了,另外,字号也太小了。
Scott:Okay, let’s look at the third and final design.
Scott:好的,我们来看看第三个,也就是最后一个设计。
Monica:This one seems quite balanced and visually appealing. I like the way the menu choices animate when you move the mouse over them.
Monica:这个方案看上去比较平衡,悦目。当鼠标放到菜单上,菜单就会自动弹出,这个设计我挺喜欢。
Scott: I like this one,too.
Scott:我也喜欢。
Monica:Sounds like we have a winner.
Monica:看起来我们已经有结论了。