Lesson 28 A Regular Meeting 业务会议 全篇
Part One: foreign trade dialogues:
1.外贸谈判
1-A: What about the price? 对价钱有何看法?
B: The price you provided is much higher than the market price. 你们提供的价格远远高于市场价格。
B: The price is quite fair. We'll think it over. 价格还算公道,我们会认真考虑的。
B: We'll inform you through discussing with our manager. 我们与经理讨论后将通知贵方。
B: Your price is higher than those we got from elsewhere. 你们的价格比我们从别处得到的要高。
2-A: How do you like the goods dispatched, by railway or by sea? 你方将怎样发送货物,铁路还是海运?
B: By sea, please. Because of the high cost of railway transportation, we prefer sea transpiration. 请海运发货,铁路运输费太高,我们愿意走海运。
B: We'd like to deliver these goods by railway. 我们希望通过铁路来运送这些货物。
B: By air will be preferable. Since we are eager to use the products. 空运最为优越。因为我们急于使用这些产品。
3-B: Is there much of a difference in price? 价钱也有很大的区别吧?
A: Yes, the economy model is about 30% less. 是的,经济型的大约便宜30%。
A: No, the prices are almost the same. 没有,价格基本上都一样。
A: Yes, but we can discuss the prices of some items. 是的,但我们可以讨论其中几项商品的价格。
A: Yes, the price of the blue one is much higher than that of the gray one. 是的,蓝颜色的那个比灰白色的贵很多。
2.价格谈判
1-A: What do you think about the price?这个价格你觉得怎么样?
B: It seems acceptable. 这个价格我可以接受。
B: I can’t accept. 我无法接受。
B: It’s too high. 这个价格太贵了。
B: I’m afraid I can’t agree with you here. 恐怕我不能接受。
2-B: Your price is much too high, can you come down a little? 你们的价格太高了,能降点吗?
A: What do you mean? 你们觉得多少合适?
A: How about a discount of 5%? 5%的折扣怎么样?
A: That’s impossible. 不可能。
3-A: What kind of a reduction did you have in mind then? 那么你想要减少多少呢?
B: I think a discount of about 20% would be sufficient. 我认为20%的折扣就足够了。
B: We can give you no more than $ 200 per set. Can you sell it on that? 我们最多能支付每台200美元,这个价格你们能卖吗?
4-A: Can we meet each other half way? 我们折中一下怎么样?
B: How much would you like it to be? 你打算出多少钱?
B:You should think about the quality. 你得考虑质量因素。
Part Two: let’s write an email:
1.Dear Mr. Wang, 亲爱的王先生,
We want to buy thread three hole. You had told me about two models and the prices were 2 and 2.5 RMB. Kindly inform me what difference in quality between two models.
我想买三孔螺纹,之前您和我说过两款,价格分别是2元和2.5元人民币,请向我说明它们在质量上有什么不同。
We need three holes with fitting screws and washers. 我们需要三孔螺纹用于固定螺钉和垫圈。Please send me drawing/ dimension of three hole, It can help me to check if it can be fitted on the stepper motors in stock.
请发给我它们的尺寸和设计图,以便使我能确认是否适用于我们库存的步进电机。
I’m waiting for your reply.
盼复。
Regards 祝福你
Neeraj Jain Neeraj Jain
2-Dear Jain,
Thanks for your inquiry. 谢谢您的询盘。
Well, the hole B is more complicated than hole A in the production
Process.
在生产过程中B产品要比A产品复杂一些。
Three hole B ( plastic for PET) is better than three hole A (for PPT).
B产品是PET塑料的,质量要好于A产品,A 产品是PPT材料制作的。
Well, if you need we can offer the screws, but I don’t know which washers fitting for the three holes.
如果你需要我们供应这些螺丝,但我不知道哪类垫圈适合这些三孔电机。
Could you offer me the picture with the washer?
可以给我发一张垫圈的图片吗?
Please check the attachment with the dimension drawing with PDF for your confirm.
请查看PDF附件的设计图的产品尺寸。
We will spend 2 days on the Dragon Boat Festival. Waiting for your early reply.
我们在端午节要放假2天,盼尽快回复。
B&R最好的祝福;
Small Wang Small Wang;
3-Dear Wang,
Our customer says he can take three holes without thread, you just need to send screw to me and we don’t need washer.
我们的客户说他可以搞定无螺纹的三孔电机,您只需要给我发螺丝即可,我们不需要垫圈。
Please give me your bank details of Agriculture Bank and the amount we have to pay for 1000 pcs.
请发给我您的农业银行的详细账户资料,我们将购买1000件。
Regards, 祝福;
Neeraj Jain; Neeraj Jain;
4 Dear Jain,
Please check it as soon as possible.
请尽快查看附件。
We had more than 1000 pcs in stock.
我们有超过1000件的库存。
Please remember show me the picture of the washer.
请给我发一下垫圈的图片。
I will send the Agriculture Bank account to you as soon as possible.
我将尽快给您发我们的农行账户。
Regards 祝福;
Small Wang ;Small Wang;
Lesson 28 A Regular Meeting 业务会议
1.Words: defense 辩护;end-user 终端用户;frivolous 琐碎的; lawsuit 诉讼;programmer 程序员;reflect 展示;refreshment 点心;RSVP 答复请帖(法语);toss 扔,抛; trial 开庭审理;tweak 扭,用力拉;
2.Phrases: be halfway through 完成了一半; be on top of it 正在忙这事; change one’s mind 改变主意;don’t take any chances 不要心存侥幸;fall behind schedule 没有按时完成任务; have a lot on one’s plate; 很忙;in all likelihood 很可能地;keep working on that 继续做; make our deadline 按时完成任务; on a lighter note 说点轻松的话题;prep work 准备工作; status meeting 例会;
Dialogue 1:
Mary: Is everyone here? Okay, I guess we can get started. The first thing on the agenda is to discuss next year’s budget. How’s that coming along, Adam?
Mary: 大家都倒了吗? 好,我想我们可以开始了。 我们先来谈谈明年的预算。亚当,预算工作进展得怎样了?
Adam:I’m not quite finished yet. Prices on a lot of our raw materials have been increasing lately, especially cocoa and coffee beans, so I need to tweak some of the numbers to reflect the new data.
Adam:我还没有完成呢。最近许多原料都涨价了,尤其是可可豆和咖啡豆,所以我需要调整一些数字才能显示最新的数据。
Mary:Okay, keep working on that. Jack, how’s the prep work for the lawsuit going?
Mary: 好,继续做吧。杰克,诉讼的准备工作做得怎么样了?
Jack:Our legal team is on top of it. We’re preparing a vigorous defense, but it’s a pretty frivolous lawsuit. In all likelihood, the judge will toss the case before it goes to trial.
Jack:我们的法律团队正在忙这件事呢。我们准备了非常有力的辩护,不过这是一个小案子,法官很可能在开庭之前就让我们协商解决了。
Mary:No one here would disagree with that, but I don’t want to take any chances. Keep working on the defense strategy just in case there’s a trial.
Mary: 大家也都这么认为。不过我可不想冒险,所以还是继续准备辩护策略,万一要是开庭审理了,也有个准备。
Jack:Will do.
Jack: 我看行。
Mary: Now, on a lighter note, I want to remind everyone that our company picnic is coming up next Saturday. Did everyone RSVP yet?
Mary: 现在说点轻松的话题吧,我想提醒大家,下周六,我们公司就要去野餐了,大家都报名参加了吗?
Thomas:Almost everyone. I’m still waiting for replies from a few employees.
Thomas: 大家几乎都报名了,还有几个员工没有回复,我正等着呢。
Mary:Send them another email in case they missed the first one. We need to know how many people are coming so we can prepare enough refreshments.
Mary:再给他们发一次邮件,免得他们没有看到第一封邮件。我想知道多少人能来参加,好准备足够的点心和饮料。
Dialogue 2:
Joanna:It’s already mid-November and we still haven’t chosen a venue for the company’s New Year’s party.
Joanna: 都到了11月中旬了,我们还没有为公司的新年聚会选好场所。
Kyle:Right, we need to decide that soon so that we can book it in advance and send out invitations. Kyle:是呀,我们得快点决定了,这样才能提前预订,发出邀请。
Joanna:Any suggestions? Joanna:你有什么建议吗?
Kyle:Well, last year we had the party at the Shangri-La downtown. And the year before, we celebrated at the convention center.
Kyle:去年,在香格里拉酒店,前年我们是在会议中心庆祝。
Joanna:How much does each one cost?
Joanna:两次分别花了多少钱呢?
Kyle:There’s not much difference between them. The Shangri-La ballroom costs about twelve thousand to rent, and it’s just over ten thousand for the banquet hall at the convention center.
Kyle:两次的花费差不多一样。租用香格里拉酒店的舞厅花了12000美元,租用会议中心宴会厅花了10000美元出头。
Joanna:Everyone seemed to have a go time at the Shangri-La last year. Should we have the party there again this year?
Joanna:去年在香格里拉酒店,大家都好像玩得很开心。我们今年还订在那里吗?
Kyle:Sure. I’ll call them now and see which dates are still available.
Kyle:当然。我这就给香格里拉酒店打电话,看看还能预定什么日期。
Part One: Business Words:
1.jargon ['dʒɑːg(ə)n] N 行话,术语;
Modern communication has developed a jargon all of its own.
现代沟通中产生了许多自己的行话。
2.magnate n 产业大亨;
A powerful leader, who achieves a dominating position in the market, is often referred to as a magnate in their particular industry.
强有力的,在市场上处于统治地位的领导者通常被认为是其特定产业的巨头。
3.majeure [mæ'ʒɜ:] N 无可抵抗的力量;
They have declared force majeure to revoke the contract.
他们宣称因为不可抗力而撤销了合同。
4.manipulate v 操纵,操作;
Their end goal is to manipulate the price of a security so as to make money for a trader or a group of traders.
他们的终极目标是操纵证券价格,从而为一个或一组证券交易人赚钱。
5.mediator N.调停者,斡旋者;
The primary requirement of a good mediator are in being seen as an independent and open minded sounding board.
对优秀的斡旋者的根本要求就是必须思维独立,见解开阔并能成为双方沟通的桥梁。
6 meltdown n灾难,暴跌;
Investors and analysts worry about a financial meltdown like the one that slammed the US and other developed nations.
投资人和分析师都担心有一场类似打击美国和其他发达国家的金融危机发生。
7 methodical adj 有条不紊的,有条理的;
Forward planning is the essence of good business,but the planning needs to follow a logical and methodical format.
前期计划是优秀产业的基本要素,但是计划需要合乎逻辑和条理。