Who will believe my verse in time to come/未来的时代谁会相信我的诗,
威廉·莎士比亚
Who will believe my verse in time to come,
未来的时代谁会相信我的诗,
If it were fill'd with your most high deserts?
如果它充满了你最高的美德?
Though yet, heaven knows, it is but as a tomb,
虽然,天知道,它只是一座墓地
Which hides your life and shows not half your parts.
埋着你的生命和一半的本色。
If I could write the beauty of your eyes,
如果我写得出你美目的流盼,
And in fresh numbers number all your graces,
用清新的韵律细数你的秀妍,
The age to come would say: "This poet lies,"
未来的时代会说:"这诗人撒谎:”
Such heavenly touches ne'er touch'd earthly faces.
这样的天姿哪里会落在人间!
So should my papers yellow'd with their age,
于是我的诗册,被岁月所熏黄,
Be scorn'd like old men of less truth than tongue,
就要被人藐视,像饶舌的老头;
And your true rights be term'd a poet's rage,
你的真容被诬作诗人的疯狂,
And stretched metre of an antique song:
以及一支古歌的夸张的节奏:
But were some child of yours alive that time,
但那时你若有个儿子在人世,
You should live twice; in it and in my rhyme.
你就活两次:在他身上,在诗里。