【句子】So we’re still on for tomorrow night? 【Desperate Housewives S1E14】
【发音】[səʊ] [wɪə(r)] [stɪl] [ɒn]/[ɑ:n] [fɔ:(r)] [təˈmɒrəʊ]/[təˈmɑ:rəʊ] [naɪt]
【发音技巧】on 和 tomorrow英美发音区别;
【翻译】咱们俩明晚的约会,还作数吗?
【适用场合】
看到这个标题,很容易想到之前在学习Modern Family的时候,第362期节目当中讲到的:Is the offer still good?
当时你说的还作数吗?
> > 点我复习 < <
1. 首先说一下关键句:
这里的on如何理解呢?
to do something as planned or according to schedule
按照之前的安排/计划去做某事
eg: Are you still on to pick me up from the airport tomorrow?
你明天还能按照原计划去机场接我吗?
2. I’ve been dying to go there.
我一直超想去的!
sb. is dying to do sth. 超级渴望做某事,期待已久
eg: She was dying to see the exhibit.
她超级想去看展览的。
eg: He’s dying to meet you.
他超级想见你的。
3. Take your lumps.
lump
本意指的是肿块;包;
take your lumps
经常在美式口语中见到
to accept bad things that happen to you without complaining:
接受发生在自己身上的糟糕的事,不抱怨;
或者说to receive criticism or punishment without letting it harm you
接受了别人的批评/惩罚;受到了应有的惩罚;自食其果;
eg: We made mistakes but we took our lumps.
我们确实犯错了,但是我们承担了后果。
eg: The company has certainly taken its lumps this year.
这家公司今年确实是得到了教训。
I know that I have to take my lumps as an intern to earn the other employees' trust and move up the corporate ladder.
我知道,作为一名实习生,要想赢得其他员工的信任,我必须得虚心接受别人的批评和建议,在公司里一步一步往上爬。
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
I hate taking my lumps. I'd rather pretend nothing had happened.