【句子】You did the crime. Why should I have to pay the price. Just suck it up, be a man and do the time. 【Desperate Housewives-S1E17】
【发音】[ju:] [dɪd] [ðə] [kraɪm] [waɪ] [ʃʊd] [aɪ] [hæv] [tʊ] [peɪ] [ðə] [praɪs] [dʒʌst] [sʌk] [ɪt] [ʌp] [bi:] [ə] [mæn] [ænd] [du:] [ðə] [taɪm]
【发音技巧】did the不完全失去爆破;should I连读;just suck不完全失去爆破;suck it up两处连读+闪音;and do完全失去爆破;
【翻译】你犯的罪,为什么要我来承担后果?接受现实吧,爷们一点,去服刑吧!
【适用场合】
1. pay the price
或者pay the penalty
to experience the consequences of one's actions or misdeeds
承担某个人的行为的后果
eg: If you get caught cheating on your exam, you'll have to pay the penalty—which could include expulsion.
如果你被发现考试作弊,你将承担后果:你有可能会被开除。
eg: I sure paid the penalty for staying up late when I fell asleep at my desk in the library.
熬夜的后果我是领教了,我居然在图书馆桌子上睡着了!
eg: You ran the red light and now you will have to pay the penalty.
你闯了红灯,你现在只能为此承担后果了。
eg: They’ve made a lot of mistakes in the past and now they’re paying the price.
他们曾经做过很多错事,现在他们只能品尝恶果。
2. suck it up
accept something bad and deal with it well, controlling your emotions
忍受/接受一些不好的事情,妥善地处理,控制好自己的情绪;
eg: I hated having to work two jobs, but with three small kids at home, I knew I just had to suck it up.
我也很讨厌做两份工作,但是家里三个小孩要养,我知道我只能咬咬牙,继续坚持下去。
eg: -- I can't believe the other kids would make fun of me like that.
-- Oh, suck it up. They'll only tease you more if you get angry."
--简直不敢相信,那些孩子居然那样取笑我。
-- 忍着吧,如果你生气了,他们只会变本加厉。
3. do the time
在这里指的是accept the punishment
接受惩罚;一般意义上就指的是:蹲监狱;坐大牢;
eg: If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime.
如果你不想坐牢,那就不要犯罪!
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
My head really hurts. I am paying the penalty for getting drunk last night.