And Some More
还有……
The Eskimos got thirty different names for snow, I say.
爱斯基摩人给雪取了三十个不同的名字,我说。
I read it in a book.
我在一本书里读到的。
I got a cousin, Rachel says.
我有个表妹,拉切尔说。
She got three different names.
她有三个不同的名字。只有两种。
There ain't thirty different kinds of snow, Lucy says.
世界上没有三十种不同的雪。
There are two kinds.
只有两种。
The clean kind and the dirty kind, clean and dirty.
干净的和脏的,净雪和脏雪。
Only two.
只有两种。
There are a million zillion kinds, says Nenny.
世界上有亿万种雪,蕾妮说。
No two exactly alike.
没有两种看上去一模一样。
Only how do you remember which one is which?
可你怎么记得哪种是哪种?
She got three last names and, let me see, two first names.
她有三个名字,让我想想,还有两个姓。
One in English and one in Spanish?
一个英语的,一个西班牙语的……
And clouds got at least ten different names, I say.
云至少有十个不同的名字,我说。
Names for clouds?
云的名字?
Nenny asks.
蕾妮问。
Names just like you and me?
像你我一样的名字?
That up there, that's cumulus, and everybody looks up.
那上面那朵,那是积云。每个人都仰起头来看。
Cumulus are cute, Rachel says.
积云好可爱呀,拉切尔说。
She would say something like that.
她只会说些这样的话。
What's that one there?
那边那朵叫什么?
Nenny asks, pointing a finger.
蕾妮问,一个手指指着。
That's cumulus too.
那也是积云。
They're all cumulus today.
今天全都是积云。
Cumulus, cumulus, cumulus.
积云,积云,积云。
No, she says.
不,她说。
That there is Nancy, otherwise known as Pig-eye.
那边那朵是南茜,或者叫猪眼。
And over there her cousin Mildred, and little Joey, Marco, Nereida and Sue.
再那边是她的表弟米尔珏德,还有小乔伊、马可、妮雷达和淑儿。
There are all different kinds of clouds.
世界上有各种各样的云。
How many different kinds of clouds can you think of?
你能想起来多少种?
Well, there's these already that look like shaving cream…
嗯,那边就有一些看上去像剃须泡沫的……
And what about the kind that looks like you combed its hair?
那些看上去像是你用梳子梳过它的毛的呢?
Yes, those are clouds too.
是的,那些也是云。
Phyllis, Ted, Alfredo and Julie…
菲力斯、特德、阿尔弗莱德和茱莉……
There are clouds that look like big fields of sheep, Rachel says.
那边的云看上去像是大片的羊群,拉切尔说。
Them are my favorite.
它们我最爱。
And don't forget nimbus the rain cloud, I add, that's something.
别忘了雨云,下雨的云,我说,那也是很重要的云。
Jose and Dagoberto, Alicia, Raul, Edna, Alma and Rickey…
何塞、达戈贝尔托、阿莉西娅、劳尔、爱德娜、阿尔玛和里奇……
There's that wide puffy cloud that l ooks like your face when you wake up after falling asleep with all your clothes on.
那边有那种宽宽的胖乎乎的云朵,有点像你没脱衣服就睡着以后醒来的脸。
Reynaldo, Angelo, Albert, Armando, Mario…
雷纳尔多、安杰洛、阿尔伯特、阿曼多、马里奥……
Not my face.
不是我的脸。
Looks like your fat face.
是像你的胖脸。
Rita, Margie, Ernie…
芮塔、玛吉、爱妮……
Whose fat face?
是谁的胖脸?
Esperanza's fat face, that's who.
埃斯佩朗莎的胖脸,是她的。
Looks like Esperanza's ugly face when she comes to school in the morning.
像埃斯佩朗莎早上上学去时难看的脸。
Anita, Stella, Dennis, and Lolo…
爱尼塔、斯妲拉、丹尼斯和萝萝……
Who you calling ugly, ugly?
你在说谁难看?难看吗?
Richie, Yolanda, Hector, Stevie, Vincent…
芮奇、约兰达、赫克托、史蒂夫、文森特……
Not you.
不是你。
Your mama, that's who.
是你妈妈。是说她。
My mama?
我妈妈?
You better not be saying that, Lucy Guerrero.
你最好别这么说,露西·格莱罗。
You better not be talking like that…
你最好别这么说话……
else you can say goodbye to being my friend forever.
否则你就永远做不成我的朋友了。
I'm saying your mama's ugly like…
我是说你妈妈难看,就像……
ummm…
嗯……
like bare feet in September!
像九月的光脚丫!
That does it!
好吧!
Both of yous better get out of my yard before I call my brothers.
你们两个最好滚出我家院子,别等我叫我弟弟出来。
Oh, we're only playing.
哦,我们只是说着玩的。
I can think of thirty Eskimo words for you, Rachel.
我可以想起三十个爱斯基摩词来说你,拉切尔。
Thirty words that say what you are.
三十个骂你的名字。
Oh yeah, well I can think of some more.
哦,好,我能想起更多。
Uh-oh, Nenny.
嘿,蕾妮。
Better get the broom.
去拿扫帚来。
Too much trash in our yard today.
今天我们家院子里垃圾太多了。
Frankie, Licha, Maria, Pee Wee…
弗兰奇、里查、玛利亚、皮威……
Nenny, you better tell your sister she is really crazy because Lucy and me are never coming back here again. Forever. Reggie, Elizabeth, Lisa, Louie…
蕾妮,你最好告诉你姐姐,她真是疯掉了,露西和我不会再来这里了。永远。若吉、伊丽莎白、莉莎、路易……
You can do what you want to do, Nenny, but you better not talk to Lucy or Rachel if you want to be my sister.
蕾妮,随你做什么,可是如果想做我妹妹的话,最好别和露西或拉切尔讲话。
You know what you are, Esperanza?
你知道你是什么吗,埃斯佩朗莎?
You are like the Cream of Wheat cereal.
你就像麦片上的奶油。
You're like the lumps.
你就像那些奶泡。
Yeah, and you're foot fleas, that's you.
哦,那你就是脚虱,你就是。
Chicken lips.
小鸡嘴唇。
Rosemary, Dalia, Lily…
罗丝玛丽、达丽娅、莉莉……
Cockroach jelly.
蟑螂肉。
Jean, Geranium and Joe…
吉恩、天竺葵和乔……
Cold frijoles.
冰菜豆。
Mimi, Michael, Moe…
咪咪、迈克尔、莫儿……
Your mama's frijoles.
你妈妈的菜豆。
Your ugly mama's toes.
你的丑妈妈的脚指头。
That's stupid.
蠢呀。
Bebe, Bianca, Benny…
贝贝、布兰卡、宾尼……
Who's stupid?
谁蠢?
Rachel, Lucy, Esperanza, and Nenny.
拉切尔、露西、埃斯佩朗莎和蕾妮。