We Are All Fighters《我们都是战士》
朗读:Shunnie Liang
作者:Jessica Liu
We are facing a dark time right now.
我们正面临着黑暗时刻
Some of us are stuck at home.
我们中有些人不得不禁足在家
Some are stuck far away from home.
有些人不得不滞留他乡
Some of us have lost their jobs.
我们中有人失去了工作
Some have to shut down their businesses.
有人关停了赖以为生的生意
Some of us are cutting down the expenses.
我们中有人不得不节衣缩食
Some can’t even pay their rent and bills.
有人甚至已经无力支付房租和账单
Some can’t go back to school.
我们中有人无法回到学校
Some can’t get back to their jobs.
有人无法回到工作岗位
And some of us are still working day and night,
我们中有人必须日夜坚守
no matter how exhausted they are,
无论多么疲惫
Or how dangerous it is.
抑或面临多大的危险
Some of us have become infected.
我们中有人不幸被感染
They are isolated from their families, their loved ones,
他们不得不离开家人和所爱之人
and have to be alone in the wards,
独自在病房面对恐惧
Or even worse,
更糟的是
it is their children,their parents, or loved ones that are infected
被感染的是他们的孩子、父母或者爱人
and they don’t even have a chance to say goodbye
他们甚至都来不及当面道别
The virus is rampaging.
病毒在大行肆虐
The numbers are increasing.
感染人数在不断增加
The rumors are spreading.
谣言四起
The fear is growing.
恐惧弥漫
It seems that all of a sudden,
似乎整个国家都在一瞬间
the whole country lost its vitality and prosperity.
失去了往日的活力和繁华
You are not the only one who is worrying.
你不是一个人在担忧
you are not the only one who is fearing.
你不是一个人在恐惧
You are not the only one who is struggling.
你不是一个人在苦苦支撑
We are all facing a dark time right now.
我们都在面临一个黑暗时刻
Our whole country is facing a dark time right now.
整个国家都在面临一个黑暗时刻
This is a war!
这是一场战争!
It’s a war without guns, bombs, or smoke.
这是一场没有枪、没有炮、没有硝烟的战争
But it’s a war with virus, doubts, fears, rumors, and discrimination.
但这是一场与病毒、怀疑、恐惧、谣言和歧视的战争
But we shall all be fighters, my dear fellows!
但我们都应该成为战士,我亲爱的同胞们!
Not just the doctors, the nurses, the policemen
and the scientists who should fight.
不仅仅只有医生、护士、警察和科学家应该战斗
All of us should be the fighters in this war.
我们都应该成为这场战争中的战士
We shall fight against fear.
我们应该和恐惧斗争
We shall fight against uncertainty.
我们应该和未知斗争
We shall fight against doubts.
我们应该和怀疑斗争
We shall fight against selfishness.
我们应该和自私斗争
We shall fight against rumors.
我们应该和谣言斗争
We shall fight against discrimination.
我们应该和歧视斗争
This is going to be a fierce and cruel war.
这将会是一场激烈的严酷的战争
But don’t be afraid,
但是不用害怕
We’re going to win this war together in the end!
我们终将取得这场战争的胜利
Our people may get sick,
我们的人民可能生病
our city may get sick,
我们的城市可能生病
but we as a brave nation,
但我们作为一个勇敢的民族
will never ever get sick.
绝不会被病毒打倒
Because we have the spirit, history and determination to win.
因为我们拥有必胜的精神、历史和决心!
We’ve been on this planet for over 5000 years.
我们在地球上已经屹立了5000多年
We’ve witnessed much darker moments.
我们见证过更加黑暗的时刻
We’ve been though much crueler trials.
我们经历过更加残酷的考验
No matter it’s the war, invasion, starvation,
无论是战争、侵略、饥饿、
poverty or natural disasters,
贫穷还是自然灾害
We’ve always survived.
我们总是能幸存下来
We’ve always stood back up on our feet.
我们总是能重新站立起来
We’ve always won in the end.
我们总是能取得最后的胜利
And we will definitely win this time.
所以这次我们也一定能赢得最终的胜利
We don’t know how long this will take,
我们不知道这场战争将持续多久
or what cost we have to pay,
又或者我们将付出什么代价
But there’s one thing we are 100% sure.
但有一件事我们100%的确定
That is
那就是
We are going to win this war in the end!
我们终将赢得这场战争的胜利!
Because that’s what we’ve been doing
因为在过去5000年的历史中
for the past 5000 years.
我们就是如此
And that’s what makes us
而正因如此才成就了我们
the greatest nation ever
这个世上最伟大的民族
It is only by going through dark times
只有经历黑暗时刻
that we can separate the greatest from the great.
我们才能区分伟大和平庸
In each dark time,
在每一个黑暗时刻
We’ve always fought together.
我们总是共同抗争
No matter how strong our enemy was,
无论我们的敌人有多么强大
or how impossible it seemed to win,
又或者我们赢的可能微乎其微
We just kept fighting,
我们都会坚持战斗
Because we are all fighters!
因为我们都是战士!
When all of this is over,
当所有这一切结束后,
we’ll have another great and heroic story
我们又有了一个伟大的英雄的故事
to tell our children, our grandchildren
可以讲给我们的子孙听
and they will tell the next generations.
而他们也将把这个故事告诉给他们的下一代
That’s how we’ll pass this great spirit on,
我们会将这份伟大的精神代代相传
and keep it alive forever!
永存不朽!