【微信公众平台】搜索“英语口语每天学”,获取独家免费英语学习资料
【新浪微博】@笨老撕
I'll take a rain check. 改天吧。
I'm sorry, but I'll have to take a rain check for dinner this Saturday. Would next weekend work for you?
不好意思,这周六的晚饭得改天了。下个周末你方便吗?
When it rains, it pours.
屋漏偏逢连夜雨
I lost my job last week. And someone broke into my house yesterday. When it rains, it pours.
上周我丢了工作。昨天我家又被破门而入了。屋漏偏逢连夜雨。
The rain eases off 雨渐小
The rain should ease off in a few minutes. We’d better wait here.
这雨应该一会就小下来了。我们最好就在这等着。
The rain patters on sth.
雨点拍打在…上面
The rain is pattering gently on the window.
雨水正在轻轻地拍打着窗户。
get caught in the rain
被困在大雨中
I am sorry I am getting caught in the rain and I’m afraid I’ll be late for work this morning.
很抱歉,我被困在大雨中了,恐怕今天上午上班要迟到了。
今日挑战
选词填空并翻译
写在留言处和大家分享
He’ll give you something ___ the pain.
A. to ease
B. for ease
C. in easing