I am the soil.
我是土地
I am in the hills and in the valleys, the farms, the orchards.
我在高山上,山谷中,农场里,果园间。
Without me, humans could not exist.
没有我,人类无法生存。
But you treat me like dirt.
而你们却把我看的一文不值。
Do you realize I am just a thin skin on this planet?
你们可曾意识到我就好像这地球的皮肤,只有薄薄的一层?
And I’m actually alive.
我也是有生命的。
Full of organisms that grow your food.
你们的食物能够生长全靠我提供丰富的营养。
But I am broken, aching, overused, sick.
但是我被你们 过度利用、过度开发、被侮辱、被损害
Because of you
就是因为你们
You have withered me away to less than half of what I used to be just over 100 years ago.
我只剩下不及一百年前一半的厚度
Are you paying attention?
你们注意到了吗?
I am turning......to dust.
我正在逐渐化为一片荒芜
So maybe you could treat me with a little more respect?
或许你们能够对我多一些尊重吧
I suppose you still want to eat? Right?
我猜你们,不想饿肚子,对吧!
文本出自《大自然在说话》系列视频
By 保护国际基金会 Conservation International