Jane: My watch always gains ten minutes a day.
简: 我的表每天总是会快10分钟。
Tom: That’s funny. My watch always loses ten minutes a day.
汤姆: 真逗。我的表每天慢10分钟。
Jane:No kidding.
简: 别开玩笑了。
Tom: I’m serious. Every morning I set my watch by the radio, but it still loses ten minutes.
汤姆: 我没开玩笑。每天早上我都对着收音机把手表对好,但还是慢10分钟。
Jane:You know what you can do?
简: 你知道该怎么做吗?
Tom: Throw it away and buy a new one?
汤姆: 扔了它再买块新的?
Jane: No, you don’t have to. You only need to put your watch back ten minutes everyday.
简: 不,不用。你只需要每天调10分钟就可以了。
Tom: So you put your watch back ten minutes everyday?
汤姆: 你每天都把表调10分钟吗?
Jane:Yeah, that’s what I’m doing.
简: 是啊,我就是这么做的。汤
Tom: Why bother? Just buy a new watch. It doesn’t cost much. Besides 4, I just can’t put up with this thing any more.
姆: 为什么要这么麻烦?买块新的好了。也花不了多少钱。再说,我再也受不了这种事情了。