那些城市,你看不见尽头。
作品|电影《海上钢琴师》
朗读|Faye
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
《The Legend of 1900》
All that city…you just couldn’t see an end to it.
那些城市,你看不见尽头。
The end!
尽头!
Please? You please just show me where it ends?
拜托你,让我看看那些城市的尽头?
It was all very fine on that gangway, and I was grand, too, in my overcoat.
当我站在舷梯上时一切都很好, 那件大衣也让我很体面。
I cut quite a figure,and I was getting off, Guaranteed.
我看起来很帅气, 而当时我是真心想下船。
That wasn’t the problem.
那不是问题所在。
It wasn’t what I saw they stopped me, Max, was what I didn’t see.
阻止我脚步的,并不是我所看见的东西,Max,而是我所无法看见的东西。
You understand that?
你能明白吗?
What I didn’t see.
是我看不见的东西。
In all that sprawling city, there was everything except an end.
在那些无限延伸的城市里,什么都有,唯独没有尽头。
There was no end.
根本就没有尽头。
What I did not see was where the whole thing came to an end.
我看不见的,是这一切的尽头。
The end of the world.
世界的尽头。