Excuse me, officer. 对不起,警官。
Can you help me? 你能帮帮我吗?
Sure. 当然可以。
Can you tell me?你能告诉我
how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale?
怎么去Riverdale的林登街吗?
"Richard Stewart, 46 Linden Street, “Richard Stewart,林登街46号,
Riverdale, New York." Riverdale,纽约”。
You should take the number 1 subway. 你应当搭一路地铁。
Is there a station near here? 附近有地铁站吗?
Yes. The station's that way. 有。地铁站在那边。
You should take the number 1 train 你搭一路车
to Van Cortlandt Park. 到Van Cortlandt公园下车。
Number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park. Thank you.
一路车到Van Cortlandt公园。谢谢。
Anytime. Good luck. 不用谢。祝你好运。
Remember, the number 1 train. The uptown platform.
记住,搭一路车,在北线月台。
Thank you. 谢谢。
You're welcome.不客气。
Is this pink too bright for me?
我穿粉红色会不会太过鲜艳了?
Mmm-hmm. It is a very bright pink. 是的,这种粉红是亮了点。
Try this. It's size eight. 试试这一件。尺码是八号。
But I wear size ten. 但我穿十号的衣服。
How about green? It's size ten. 绿的怎么样?它是十号的。
Let me try it on. 让我试试看。
I'm taking too much of your time. 我耽误了你很多时间。
It's six o'clock. 已经六点了。
Where's my husband? 我丈夫怎么还没来?
I was expecting him here at five forty-five.
我们约好了五点四十五在这里会面的。
Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.
别担心。这个时间交通很拥挤。
I know. But we're going to be late for dinner.
我知道。但我们晚餐可要推迟了。
I'll take this green sweater. 我买这件绿毛衣吧,
I like the color on me, don't you?
我觉得这种颜色较适合我,你说呢?
I think it looks terrific on you. 我觉得你穿上它好极了。
I'm sorry I'm so late. 对不起,我迟到了这么久。
I had a really bad day.今天真是糟透了。
It's ten after six. We're late. 现在是六点十分。我们迟了。
Robbie's cooking tonight, and dinner's at six thirty.
今晚Robbie作饭,晚餐六点半开始。
I know. I know. I'm really sorry.
我知道,我知道。真的很抱歉。
I left my bag of film on the ferry.
我把装底片的旅行袋遗放在渡船上了,
I went back for it, but the ferry was gone.
等我回去找的时候,船已经开走了。
I lost a whole day's work.我丢掉一整天的工作成果。
I'll call the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office.
我来打电话给Staten岛渡轮的失物招领处。
I didn't think of that. Thanks. 我倒没有想到这个法子。谢了。
Hello. 喂,
Yes. The number, please, 我想问一下
of the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office.
Staten岛渡轮失物招领处的电话号码,
Five five five...zero eight zero eight. 555-0808。
Thank you. 谢谢。
I really appreciate it, Marilyn. 真的很感谢你,Marilyn。
Hello. 喂,
Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon,
请问今天下午有人捡到一个照像机旅行袋吗?
a small canvas bag,一个小的粗帆布袋?
on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry?...No? 是在J. F. Kennedy号渡船上丢的。……没有吗?
Maybe someone will find it. 也许会有人发现的。
The name is Stewart, Richard Stewart.
失主是Stewart,Richard Stewart。
And the telephone number is five five five... 电话是555-
three oh nine oh. Thank you. 3090。谢谢你。
Sorry, Richard. They don't have it.
对不起,Richard,他们那里没有。
Thanks, anyway. 不管怎样,我都得谢谢你。
There was a girl on the ferry.在渡船上有一个女孩。
Now maybe... 也许现在……
Tell me about it on the way home.
在回家的路上告诉我吧。