1.
Looking back on… 回想/回顾。。。。。。
Looking back on it, I shouldn’t have given up so easily. 回过头来看,我真不应该那么轻易放弃
Looking back on my childhood, I was the happiest child in the world. 回想我的童年时代,我真是世上最幸福的孩子。
Looking back on how it was in years gone by, and the good time that I had, (it) makes today seem rather sad. 回头看岁月如何消逝, 看看过去的好时光,使今天显得令人哀伤。(Yesterday once more --- Karen Carpenter)
2.
… mean a great deal to me . 。。。。。。对我意义重大/对我来说很重要
Your help meant a great deal to me. 您的帮助对我意义重大。
My family means a great deal to me. 我的家人对我来说很重要。
3.
My advice would be to… 我的建议是。。。。。。
My advice would be to have a rest. 我的建议是休息一下。
My advice would be to leave her alone. 我的建议是别打扰他。
4.
My idea is that… 我认为。。。。。。
My idea is that we should try to cut our costs. 我认为我们应该尽量削减开支。
My idea is that we should sign a formal contract. 我认为我们应该签订一份正式的合同。
5.
Nobody could imagine… 没有人会想到。。。。。。
Nobody could imagine his becoming an actor. 没有人会想到他能成为一名演员。
Nobody could imagine her doing such an awful thing. 没有人会想到她能做出这样可怕的事情。
6.
On the contrary,… 恰恰相反。。。。。。
It was not boring. On the contrary, we were greatly interesting. 这不无聊,恰恰相反,我们非常感兴趣。
He’s not stupid. On the contrary, I have found him amazingly talented. 他不傻,恰恰相反,我发现他非常有才华。
7.
Owing to… 因为/由于。。。。。。,所以。。。。。。
Owing to the bad weather, we have to stay at home.由于天气不好,我们只好待在家里。
Owing to his lively sense of humor, he has made many friends. 由于他非常有幽默感,所以他交了不少朋友。
8.
Perhaps it’s none of my business, but… 这或许不关我的事情,但是。。。。。。
Perhaps it’s none of my business, but you really shouldn’t have been mad at him. 这或许不关我的事情。但是你真的不该生他的气。
Perhaps it’s none of my business, but you really should change your attitude to her.
这或许不关我的事情。但是你真的改变对她的态度。
9.
Please notice that… 请注意。。。。。。
Please notice that the meeting has been canceled.请注意,会议取消了。
Please notice that there will be a delay of one hour before the plane takes off. 请注意,飞机将推迟一个小时起飞。
10.
so … that… 如此。。。。。。以至。。。。。。
The movie was so boring that I slept through it. 这部电影太无聊了,我一直都在睡觉
She is so beautiful that I can’t help falling in love with her. 她太漂亮了,我忍不住坠入爱河。