There is a lady sweet and kind, 有一位女郎甜美和善,
Was never face so pleas'd my mind; 她的容貌让我愉悦非常;
I did but see her passing by, 看着她从身边走过, And yet I love her till I die. 我想爱她直到地老天荒。 Her gesture, motion, and her smiles, 她的举止,她的微笑,
Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles, 她的机智和声音让我心驰神往,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why, 让我心驰神往,不知是何原因,
And yet I love her till I die. 但我要爱她直到地老天荒。 Her free behaviour, winning looks, 奔放的姿容,骄人的模样,
Will make a lawyer burn his books; 让律师把法律抛舍;
I touch'd her not, alas! not I, 天哪,我自愧不如, And yet I love her till I die. 而且要爱她直到地老天荒。 Had I her fast betwixt mine arms, 如果我把她拥进怀里,
Judge you that think such sports were harms, 你觉得这会对她造成损伤,
Were't any harm? no, no, fie, fie, 造成损伤?不会不会,
For I will love her till I die. 因为我要爱她直到地老天荒。
Should I remain confined there我会继续把她追求
So long as Phoebus in his sphere, 只要世上还有太阳,
I to request, she to deny, 即使她总是拒绝,
Yet would I love her till I die. 我也要爱她直到地老天荒。
Cupid is winged and doth range, 丘比特展翅飞遍她的家乡,
Her country so my love doth change: 我的爱人也随着换了形象:
But change she earth, or change she sky, 变换天地我的爱也不变,
Yet will I love her till I die. 我要爱她直到地老天荒