I am forever walking upon these shores.
我永远在沙滩上行走,
Betwixt the sand and the foam,
在沙土和泡沫的中间。
The high tide will erase my footprints.
**会抹去我的脚印。
And the wind will blow away the foam.
风也会把泡沫吹走。
But the sea and the shore remain.Forever.
但是海洋和沙岸却将永远存在。
Once I filled my hand with mist.
我曾抓起一把烟雾。
Then I opened it and lo, the mist was a worm.
然后我伸掌一看,哎呦,烟雾变成一个虫子。
And I closed and opened my hand again, and behold there was a bird.
我把手握起再伸开一看,手里却是一只鸟。
And again I closed and opened my hand, and in its hollow stood a man with a sad face turned upward.
我再把手握起又伸开,在掌心里站着一个容颜忧郁,向天仰首的人。
And again I closed my hand, and when I opened it, there was naught but mist.
我又把手握起,当我伸掌的时候,除了烟雾以外一无所有。
But I heard a song of exceeding sweetness.
但是我听到了一支绝顶甜柔的歌曲。
It was but yesterday I thought myself a fragment quivering without rhythm in the sphere of life.
仅仅在昨天,我认为我自己只是一个碎片, 无韵律的在生命的苍穹中颤抖。
Now I know that I am the sphere, and all life in rhythmic fragments moves within me.
现在我晓得,我就是那苍穹,一切生命都是在我里面有韵律的转动的碎片。