小词 Well,good 和 like
William: Oh, my father, he wasn't a very nice man. He wasn't like your father. 哦,我爸爸,他不是一个好人,他不像你爸爸。
Annie: Why not? 为什么呢?
William: Well, your father, he's good. He doesn't have vices. You know what a vice is? A vice is like a bad habit, like bitin' your nails, but worse. 你的爸爸非常好。他没有什么恶习。你知道恶习是什么吗?恶习就是一个很坏的习惯,就像是咬手指盖,但是比这个更糟。
Well, I don't know. Let me think. 恩,我不知道哎,让我想一想。
He's a good person. 他是个好人。
He's good! 他太厉害了!
like作为介词,表示“好像,比如…”
Someone/something is like… 就好像…
Eating a buffet is like running a marathon. You can't eat too fast or else you'll get full very fast. 吃自助就像跑马拉松一样,你不能吃太快,否则你很快就饱了。
Have you ever tried Peking duck? It's like a Chinese taco with roast duck and it's delicious. 你吃过北京烤鸭吗?它就像是中国式的墨西哥玉米卷,但里面包的是烤鸭,非常好吃。
He's a very messy person, like he never cleans his room. 他这个人脏乱差,比如他从来不打扫房间。
I'm on a diet. So I need to avoid junk food like instant noodles and McDonald's burgers. 我在减肥,所以不能吃垃圾食品,比如泡面和麦当劳的汉堡。
以上内容选自意趣英语VIP今日课程《This Is Us》第一季第二集 的讲解。如果你想收听更多完整的语音讲解,请加入意趣英语VIP会员,详情请见@意趣英语 置顶微博。
新浪微博 @意趣英语
公众微信 yiquenglish