1、个人意见,我觉得钻石就是浪费钱。
Personally, I think diamonds are a waste of money.
… are a waste of money.
…就是浪费钱。
① Extended warranties are a waste of money. Never buy them.
延保就是浪费钱。不要买。
② These diet drinks are a waste of money. I&`&m still fat.
这些减肥饮料就是浪费钱。我还是很胖。
2、那是一定要拥有的东西。
It&`&s something you have to have.
It&`&s something you have to have.
那是一定要拥有的东西。
① I carry my power bank everywhere. It&`&s something you have to have.
我总是随身带着充电宝。这东西是必备的。
② Vegetables are good for you. It&`&s something you have to have.
蔬菜对你有好处,是必须的。
3、它们定价太高。完全不值得。
They&`&re way overpriced. Totally not worth it.
Overpriced
价格过高
This shirt is way overpriced here. It&`&s only 50 kuai on Taobao.
这件衬衫在这里卖得太贵了。淘宝才50。
Totally not worth it
根本不值
I waited in line for three hours to get this cheese tea and it&`&s not even good. Totally not worth it.
我排了3个小时的队才买到这个芝士茶,结果根本不好喝。完全不值得。
4、就是种传统。钻戒象征着永恒的爱情。
It&`&s just tradition. A diamond ring symbolizes long lasting love.
It&`&s just tradition.
这就是传统。
Symbolize
代表,象征
① In China, the mooncake symbolizes togetherness.
在中国,月饼象征着团圆。
② Shark fin soup tastes like nothing. People only eat it because it symbolizes wealth.
鱼翅羹根本没什么味,人们吃它就是财富的象征。
5、真不想扫你的兴,但那种传统不过是戴比尔斯五十年代开始的营销策略罢了。
I hate to rain on your parade, but that tradition was just a marketing campaign started by De Beers in the 50&`&s.
I hate to rain on your parade.
真不想扫你的兴/真不想给你泼冷水。
A: This movie&`&s gonna be awesome.
这个电影一定很好看。
B: I hate to rain on your parade, but it got horrible reviews.
真不想扫你的兴,但是评价特别差。
A: I&`&m never going to see her again.
我以后再也不会看见她了。
B: I hate to rain on your parade, but she&`&ll be at the party tomorrow.
不想给你泼冷水哈,但是明天派对她就在。
Marketing Campaign
营销策略,营销活动
Breakfast is actually not the most important meal of the day. It was just a marketing campaign to get people to eat more cereal.
早餐实际上不是一天里最重要的一餐。它以前只是个为了让人们多吃麦片的营销策略。
wx:yiquenglish 意趣英语
wb:@意趣英语