更多精彩图文,请关注微信公众号遇见英文
Now the baby bird did not walk. He ran!
Then he saw a car. Could that old thing be his mother? No, it could not.
现在小鸟宝宝不再用走的了。他跑了起来!
然后他看见了一辆车。那旧旧的东西会是他的妈妈吗?不,不会的。
The baby bird did not stop. He ran on and on.
小鸟宝宝没有停下来。他跑啊,跑啊。
Now he looked way way down. He saw a boat. "There she is !" said the baby bird.
这会他向远远的下方望去。他看见了一艘大船。“她在那儿!” 小鸟宝宝说。
He called to the boat, but the boat did not stop. The boat went on.
他朝着大船喊着,可是船却没有停下来。它(船)开走了。
He looked way, way up. He saw a big plane. " Here I am, Mother," he called out.
他又向高高的天空望去。他看见了一架大飞机。“我在这儿,妈妈。“ 他喊叫着。
But the plane did not stop. The plane went on.
可是飞机却没有停下来。它(飞机)飞走了。
Just then, the baby bird saw a big thing. This must be his mother!
"There she is!" he said. "There is my mother!"
就在这时,小鸟宝宝看见了一个大家伙。这肯定是他的妈妈!
“她在那儿!” 他说,“ 那是我妈妈!”
He ran right up to it. "Mother, Mother! Here I am, Mother!" he said to the big thing.
他径直跑了过去。“妈妈,妈妈!我在这儿,妈妈!” 他对着大家伙说道。
But the big thing just said,"Snort."
"Oh, you are not my mother," said the baby bird. " You are a Snort. I have to get out of here!"
可是这个大家伙却只发出了呼哧呼哧的声音。
“哦,你不是我妈妈,”小鸟宝宝说道,“ 你是一个呼哧。我得离开这儿!”
SNORT
呼哧!
But the baby bird could not get away. The Snort went up. It went way, way up. And up, up, up went the baby bird.
可是小鸟宝宝却走不了了。这个大家伙升了起了。而且越升越高,越升越高。小鸟宝宝也跟着越来越高,越来越高。
But now, where was the Snort going?
"Oh, oh,oh! What is the Snort going to do to me? Get me out of here!"
现在,这个呼哧大家伙准备去哪儿呢?
“哦,哦,哦!这个呼哧要对我做什么?快让我下去!”
Just then, the Snort came to a stop.
就在这时,大家伙突然停下来。
"Where am I?" said the baby bird. "I want to go home! I want my mother!"
Then something happened. The Snort put that baby bird right back in the tree. The baby bird was home!
“我在哪儿?” 小鸟宝宝说:“ 我要回家!我要我的妈妈!”
然后,奇怪的事情发生了。这个呼哧大家伙把小鸟宝宝放回了树上。小鸟宝宝回家了!
Just then the mother bird came back to the tree.“ Do you know who I am?" she said to her baby.
就在那时鸟妈妈回到了树上。“你知道我是谁吗?” 她问小鸟宝宝。
"Yes, I know who you are," said the baby bird.
"You are not a kitten. You are not a hen.You are not a dog. You are not a cow.You are not a boat, or a plane, or a Snort!" .
"You are a bird, and you are my mother."
“我知道你是谁,”小鸟宝宝说,“ 你不是猫咪,也不是母鸡,你不是大狗,你也不是母牛。你不是轮船,也不是飞机,也不是呼哧!”
“你是一只鸟,你是我的妈妈。