本期文本:
My darling Margaret,
亲爱的玛格丽特
we are back at last from our honeymoon in Corfu.
我们总算从科孚岛度蜜月回来了
We've been away so long
我们走了那么久
I'm almost fluent in Greek...
我差不多都能流利地说希腊语了
or so the Captain says.
至少上尉是这么说
But you know, everything he says is always so agreeable.
但是你也知道,他总是和和气气的
Dear Margaret...
亲爱的玛格丽特
Now I'm going to say something that will make you very angry,
我要说点会惹你生气的话了
but I can't help it.
但我忍不住
What was uncle thinking of, taking you all so far away from home?
姨夫是怎么想的,带你们去那么远的地方
Why on earth are you in that awful place where they make cotton,
你们去那可怕的地方做什么,他们纺棉布
where no one who is anyone wishes to buy it?
可是有谁会想买呢
I am sure we'll always wear linen.
我们肯定永远都会穿亚麻的