Travel Series - No. 3 - Inside the Airplane
A: Would you like a newspaper to read, madam?
您想来一份报纸吗?女士。
B: Yeah, I’ll take the China Daily.
好的,给我来一份中国日报。
A: There you go, madam.
给您。
B: Thank you. It’ll help me calm down. I’m always a little nervous when flying.
谢谢,这能让我冷静下来。每次飞行的时候我都有点紧张。
A: Well, try not to worry too much. Flying is the safest form of travel.
好,试着不要担心太多。飞行是最安全的交通方式。
B: I know. I’m sure I’ll feel better once we take off.
我知道。我觉得起飞之后我应该就会感觉好多了。
A: Perhaps you might enjoy our in-flight entertainment. You can find the film guide in the magazine in the pocket in front of you.
您可能会喜欢我们的机上娱乐。在您身前这个口袋里的杂志上有观影指南。
B: Oh good! A nice film might help me to relax.
太好了!一部好电影能帮助我放松下来。
A: Programs will start a few minutes after take-off and will be turned off just before landing. If there is anything I can get for you, please press the call button.
节目会在起飞几分钟后开始,降落前结束。如果有任何我能帮到您的,请按下呼叫按钮。
B: When will dinner be served?
晚餐是什么时候?
A: In about an hour or so. We have fish, steak and a vegetarian option. Which one would you like?
大约一个小时后。我们有鱼、牛排和素食套餐。您想要什么?
B: I’ll have the fish please.
请给我一份鱼。
A: Ok. I’ll be back later with the refreshments cart. Try to relax and enjoy the flight.
好的。一会儿我会推着餐车回来。试着放松一下,享受飞行吧。
Vocabulary
Nervous 紧张的
In-flight entertainment 机上娱乐
Film guide 观影指南
Programs 节目
Take-off 起飞
Landing 着陆,降落
Button 按钮
Steak 牛排
Vegetarian 素食的
Refreshments car 餐车