向道别(含英文选段)
大家好,这里是荔枝FM1959690,我是主播素沐灵儿,最近工作之余,还是抽时间读了(The house on Mango Street),这部作品是美国当代女诗人桑德拉·希斯内罗丝Sandra Cisneros的成名作,采用诗歌与小说的混合文体,分为44节短小的片段独白构成,讲述小埃斯佩朗莎心中留下痕迹的一些经历,或围绕某事某人,或有关头发、云朵、树木和荒园来描绘移民群落的生存状况。今天是读到最后一篇《芒果有时说再见》(mango says goodbye sometimes),算是把整本书读完了。要和《芒果街上的小屋》道别了。我经过断舍离,选了一段小埃斯佩朗莎写的诗和最后一章节的节选与大家分享,算是用声音并且在大家的见证下,正式离开芒果街,而现实生活的我在不久的某天,也和埃斯佩朗莎一样,会离开某地,而离开是为了回来,“为了那些我留在身后的人。为了那些无法出去的人”。
以下小埃斯佩朗莎写的诗,选自《生辰不吉》Born bad
I want to be我想成为
like the waves on the sea
like the clouds in the wind
海里的浪,风中的云
but I’m me但我还只是小小的我
One day I’ll jump
out of my skin有一天我要跳出自己的身躯
I’ll shake the sky我要摇晃天空
Like a hundred violins像一百把小提琴
以下节选自《芒果有时说再见》(Mango says goodbye sometimes)
I like to tell stories.I am going to tell you a story about a girl who didn’t want to belong.我喜欢讲故事.。我将向你们讲述一个不想归属的女孩的故事。
We didn’t always live on Mango Street.Before that we lived on Loomis on the third floor,and before that we lived on Keeler.Before Keeler it wad Paulina,but what I remember most is Mango Street,sad red house,the house I belong but do not belong to.我们先前不住芒果街。先前我们住鲁米斯的三楼,再先前我们住吉勒。吉勒前面是波琳娜。那我记得最清楚的是芒果街,悲哀的红色小屋。我住在那里却不属于那里的房子。
I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.I write it down and Mango says goodbye sometimes.She does not hold me with both arms.She sets me free.我把它写在纸上,然后心里的幽灵就不那么疼了。我把它写下来,芒果有时说再见。她不再用双臂抱住我。她放开了我。One day I will pack my bags of books and paper.One day I will say goodbye to Mango.I am too strong for her to keep me here forever.One day I will go away.有一天我会把一袋袋的书和纸打进包里。有一天我会对芒果说再见。我强大得她没法永远留住我。有一天我会离开。
Friends and neighbors will say.What happened to that Esperanza?Where did she go with all those books and paper?Why did she march so far away?朋友和邻居们会说,埃斯佩朗莎怎么了?她带着这么多书和纸去哪里?为什么她要走得那么远?
They will not know I have gone away to come back.For the ones I left behind.For the ones who cannot out.他们不会知道,我离开是为了回来。为了那些我留在身后的人。为了那些无法出去的人。