MEGH TUMI KÁCHE ESO
JAL CÁI ÁRO JAL CÁI
SABUJ DHÁNER CÁRÁ SHUKHÁIÁJÁY
EK KAŃÁ JAL NÁI, JAL NÁI
JAL CÁI ÁRO JAL CÁI
NEBUR PHULETE ÁJO MADHU BHARENI
ÁTÁR PHULETE KONO PHAL DHARENI
BÁTÁVIR PHUL GANDHE MÁTENI
EI NIDÁRUŃ KHARÁ THEKE TRÁŃ PETE CÁI
JAL CÁI ÁRO JAL CÁI
KADAMBA KALI SAB JHARE PAŔE JÁY
RAJANI GANDHÁ PHÚL PHÚT́ITE NÁ PÁY
ÁGUNER HALKÁY MÁT́I PUŔE JÁY
VARŚÁR SNIGDHATÁ KOTHÁ KHUNJE PÁI
JAL CÁI ÁRO JAL CÁI
雲兒啊!來吧!
Oh, clouds! Come near
我們需要水,更多更多的水
We want water, still more water,
綠嫩稻秧正枯萎在烈日的灼熱下
the scorching heat of the sun. The green seedlings of paddy are withering In
沒有水,一滴都沒有
There is not a drop of water, not a single drop
雲兒啊!來吧!我們需要水,更多更多的水
Oh, clouds! Come near. We want water, still more water
柳橙花還沒哺滿蜜
The orange blossoms are not yet filled with nectar
釋迦花還沒結果
The custard apple blossoms have not yet becomes fruits
柚子花不再有醉人的芬芳
The pomelo flowers are not intoxicated with fragrance
盼望脫離這嚴酷的乾旱
From this cruel drought we want relief.
我們需要水,更多更多的水
We want water still more water.
卡鄧伯木的花都凋謝
The kadamba blossoms have all dropped off
夜來香花朵開不成
The tuberose flowers cannot bloom
在酷熱下大地乾焦
In this fiery heat the earth is scorched
哪裡才能得到雨水的滋潤
Where shall we find the freshness of rain?
我們需要水,更多更多的水
We want water, still more water
雲兒啊!來吧!我們需要水,更多更多的水
Oh, clouds! Come near. We want water, still more water