Part11(2017年2月13日)
I am so sorry.
非常报歉
Where were we?
我们说到哪里了?
C:Walker,what’s he like?
Walker,他什么样?
F:The President-elect running late?
当选总统迟到了吗?
L:No,he couldn’t make it .I’ll brief him,though
不,他来不了,我会跟他汇报的
F:Okay,This is the memo, I’ve drafted on our Middle East policy we’ve been developing.
这是我起草的关于我们在商讨中东政策上的备忘录
Now I wanna borrow from Reagan.
我想借用里根的说法
I’d like to coin the phrase“Trickle-down diplomacy”,That way….
造个新词,叫“滴入式外交”,这样。。。。。。
L:Frank,I’m gonna stop you there.
Frank,我得打断你。
We are not nominating you for the Secretary of State.
我们不打算提名你为国务卿
I know he made you a promise.
我知道他向你承诺过
But circumstances have changed.
但是情况有变
F:The nature of promises,Linda
所谓承诺,Linda
Is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.
就是无论情况如何变化也不受影响