Unit20Making a Phone call
第二十课打电话
Y:May I speak to Mr.Baker?
Y:我可以和贝克先生讲话吗?
X:I’m afraid he's not in.
Y:恐怕他不在哦。
Y:Will you ask him to call me collect when he’s back?
Y:他回来后,请他打由我付费的电话给我好吗?
X:Certainly.May I ask who’s calling,please?
X:没问题,请问您是哪一位呢?
Y:Yes,this is Cindy Wang of A&B Trading Company in New York.
Y:哦,我是纽约A&B贸易公司的王辛迪。
Unit21 Transit
第二十一课 机场过境
X:May I help you?
X:要我效劳吗?
Y:Yes.I'm a transit passenger for this flight. Can you tell me where to go?
Y:是的,我是这班飞机的过境旅客,你能告诉我怎么走吗?
X:Let me see.Oh,you’re at the wrong gate.Your plane leaves from
Gate No.8.
X:我想想看。哦,您走错门了,您的班机从第8号登机门起飞。
Y:Really?I hope it hasn’t left without me.
Y:真的吗?希望它不会不等我就起飞。
X:No,don’t worry.Just follow me.
X:不会的,不要担心,请跟我来。
Unit22 Chef's Steak Special
第二十二课 牛排特餐
X:What will you have?
X:您要吃什么呢?
Y:I don’t know anything about American food.What do you recommend?
Y:我对美式食物一点概念也没有。你有什么建议吗?
X:Which do you prefer,meat or fish?
X:您喜欢吃肉还是鱼呢?
Y:I'd rather have meat.
Y:我比较喜欢吃肉。
X:Then why don't you try the Chef's Steak Special?
X:那您何不尝尝我们今天的牛排特餐呢?
Y:OK.Whatever you say.
Y:好啊,就照你所说的吧。
Unit23 Enjoying the Local Food
第二十三课 想吃本地菜
M: Where can I enjoy the best local food?
我到哪儿可以吃到最好的本地菜呢?
S: Well!You like sea food?
嗯!你喜欢吃海鲜吗?
M: Yes,I do.
是的,我喜欢。
S: Then I'd like to suggest you try Anchor Inn on Seaside Drive.
那么我想建议你可以去海滨大道的海锚饭店。
M: Is it very far from here?
离这儿很远吗?
S: No, You can walk from here.
不远,你可以从这儿走过去。
Unit24 Steak
第二十四课 牛排
W: What would you like for your main dish?
您主菜想吃什么呢?
S: Steak,please.
请给我牛排。
W: How would you like it?
您要几分熟的呢?
S: Medium rare,please.
四五分熟的。
W: Anything else, sir?
还要别的吗?先生
S: May I have a glass of red wine,please?
请给我一杯红酒好吗?
W: Of course.
没问题。
Unit25 It’s not my order
第二十五课 上错菜
M: Waiter!
服务员!
W: I’ll be with you in a second.Uh…Yes,ma’am?
我待会儿就过来。噢……女士,你有什么事呢?
M: This is not what I asked for,I’m afraid.
这东西恐怕不是我所要的。
W: Oh,I’m so sorry.May I ask what you ordered again?
哦,真抱歉。容我再问一次你点了什么好吗?
M: Yes.What I ordered is roast beef,not roast beef sandwiches.
好的,我点的是烤牛肉,而不是烤牛肉三明治。