为你读英语美文 · 第372期 惠特曼遇上陈年喜:炸裂吧,人生!
主播:Dreamer
坐标:西安
O Me! O Life! 啊,天!啊,生活!
作者:惠特曼,译者:赵萝蕤
O ME! O life!... of the questions of these recurring;
啊,天!啊,生活!那些一再重复出现的有关问题,
Of the endless trains of the faithless—of cities fill’d with the foolish;
那些无休止的排成长列的背信弃义者,那些充满了愚昧的城市,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
我自己永远在责怪我自己,(因为有谁比我更愚昧,有谁又比我更加背信弃义呢?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light—of the objects mean—of the struggle ever renew’d;
一双渴望光明而却徒劳的眼睛,卑鄙的事物,一再重复的挣扎,
Of the poor results of all—of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me;
一切都结出恶果,在我周围看到的是那些步履维艰而卑鄙的人群,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest—with the rest me intertwined;
其他人的虚度光阴,我又和其他人纠缠在一起,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?
这个问题,啊,天!够多伤心,又在重复出现——处在其中又有什么好处呢,啊,天,啊,生活!
Answer.
回答:
That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
你在这里的存在——生活存在并各有特性,
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.
那强有力的剧情在发展,而你还可能提供一首诗。
《炸裂志》
Exploding Inside
作者:陈年喜,英译:Dreamer
早晨起来 头像炸裂一样疼
Head cracks in the morning, aching
这是大机器的额外馈赠
a present from the machine, running
不是钢铁的错
Never blame the steal and iron
是神经老了 脆弱不堪
Blame my aging nerves, wrecking
我不大敢看自己的生活
An eye on my life, shutting
它坚硬 铉黑
As black as the pneumatic pick
有风镐的锐角
Hard
石头碰一碰 就会流血
Once touches, bleeding
我在五千米深处打发中年
Down in 5000 meters I spend my days, mining
我把岩层一次次炸裂
Rocks exploded
借此 把一生重新组合
While my life restructuring
我微小的亲人 远在商山脚下
Miniature of my family at the foot of Mt. Shang
他们有病 身体落满灰尘
illness and thick dust, gathering
我的中年裁下多少
My years cut
他们的晚年就延长多少
Prolongs theirs
我身体里有炸药三吨
Dozens of tons of powders inside of my lung, getting ready
他们是引信部分
to explode as rocks
就在昨夜 在他们床前
In front of their dying bed
我岩石一样 炸裂一地
Yesterday, I was broken as one
▎主播介绍
Dreamer: 毕业于西安外国语大学,香港理工大学,高校英语老师
文案: Dreamer, 后期:永清
▎节目首发,背景音乐,图文资料,更多推送
敬请关注微信公众号:为你读英语美文,ID:readenglishforyou