1.Feel/look like a million dollars 是美国俚语,意思是“感觉或看上去十分健康或精力充沛”“十分气派或满面春风”或者指“妇女看上去迷人”。
第一, 迷你对话
A: You look like a million dollars in your new dress.
你穿这身衣服看上去特别迷人。
B: It’s very nice of you to say so. My mother chose it for me.
谢谢你的夸奖,我妈妈为我挑选的。
A: Your mother really has an eye for clothes.
你妈妈对衣服很有眼光。
B: You are right.
你说得对。
也可以说:feel like a million bucks
I feel like a million bucks after winning that baseball game.赢了那场棒球赛后,我觉得好爽。
have an eye for something:对……有眼光,对……有品味,对……有鉴赏力
e.g. She had an eye for the beauty of nature.她有鉴赏自然美的眼力。
e.g. Paul had an eye for paintings.保罗对画有鉴赏力。
2. Dialogue1
A: let me introduce, this is the author of your favorite book.
B: I’ve admired you for long. Nice to meet you!
Dialogue2
A: Mr. Li, I’ve heard so much about you. Now I finally have the chance to meet you in person.
B:It’s very nice of you. Thanks for picking me up personally.
久仰大名:I’ve admired you for long
I’ve heard so much about you.
3. To take a rain check 改天吧,以后再说 表示当下不能做什么事情,但是不排除日后的可能。
Do you mind if I take a rain check on that lunch invitation? I'm going to be away all week.你介意不介意我改日再去赴约吃午饭?我这周都不在。
4.To have a face like thunder 火冒三丈 形容一个人非常生气,达到怒不可遏的程度。
He had a face like thunder when he came out of the manager's office this morning.
他今天早上从经理办公室出来的时候满脸怒气。