Dear John:
亲爱的约翰:
The words from smart people are easy to be memorized.
聪明人说的话总能让我记得很牢。
There is a good saying from a person of wisdom, “education contains many aspects, but it itself doesn’t teach you anything!”
有位聪明人说得好,“教育涵盖了许多方面,但是他本身不教你任何一面。”
This great person has shown us a truth:
这位聪明人向我们展示了一条真理:
if you don’t take any action, even the most useful, beautiful and available philosophies are useless.
如果你不采取行动,世界上最实用、最美丽、最可行的哲学也行不通。
I always believe that opportunity is created by opportunity.
我一直相信,机会是靠机会得来的。
Any seemingly excellent plan has disadvantage,
再好的构想都有缺陷,
though just a common plan it is. However if you would really implement it and keep on, that should be better than a good plan which has been given up halfway,
即使是很普通的计划,如果确实执行并且继续发展,都会比半途而废的好计划要优秀得多,
because the former is fighting all the time, but the latter is wasting all previous efforts.
因为前者会贯彻始终,后者却只能前功尽弃。
As I mentioned above, there is no secret of success.
所以我说,成功没有秘诀。
In order to obtain positive results in life, owning exceptional intelligence and special skills is certainly fine,
要在人生中取得好的成果,有过人的智慧、特别的才艺当然好,
but if without, that doesn’t matter. As long as you could work vigorously, you would also approach success.
没有也无可厚非,只要肯积极行动,你就会越来越接近成功。
The sad truth is that most people haven’t remembered this warning, resulting in making themselves mediocre.
遗憾的是,很多人并没有吸取这个教训,最后沦为了平庸之辈。
Having a look at those ordinary people, you will find they are living passively,
看看那些庸庸碌碌的普通人,你就会发现,他们都在被动地活着,
because what they have said is far more than what they have done, only speaking without doing anything whatsoever.
他们说的远比做的多,甚至只说不做。
Every one of them is good at finding excuses for himself,
他们几乎个个都是找借口的行家,
so he would find all kinds of excuses to postpone until it has been proven that he is truly wrong or incapable to do anything or too late to do it.
他们会找各种借口来拖延,直到最后证明这件事不应该、没有能力或已经来不及去做为止。
The most frustrating thing in life is that you have always been thinking too much,
人生中最令人感到挫折的,莫过于想做的事太多,
which not only leads to no enough time left to accomplish, but makes you worry too much about numerous steps in the process and then feel shocked. Therefore all is in vain factually.
结果不但没有足够的时间去做,反而想到每件事的步骤繁多,而被做不到的情绪所累,以致一事无成。
We must admit that no one can accomplish all things.
我们必须承认,时间有限,任何人都无法做完所有的事情。
Clever people understand not all actions lead to good results, but only wise actions can bring about significant consequences.
聪明人知道,并非所有的行动都会产生好的结果,只有明智的行动才能带来有意义的成效。
As a result, they only do the work which is most relevant to target and can cause positive effects.
所以聪明人只会做能够获得正面成果的工作,做与完成最大目标有关的工作,而且专心致志。
Therefore clever people can make the most valuable contribution, and get the best return.
也因此,他们总能做出最有价值的贡献,得到最大的回报。
Many people make themselves passives, for they always do something until all conditions have been met.
很多人都是自己把自己变成一个被动者的,他们想等到所有的条件都十全十美,也就是时机对了以后才行动。
Life is full of opportunities, but none perfectible.
人生处处都是机会,但几乎没有完美的。
Those passives are common all their lives, just because they always want to get everything prepared and then do something.
那些被动的人平庸一辈子,恰恰是因为他们一定要等到每一件事情都百分之百的有利,万无一失以后才去做。
This is bloody idiot’s way!
这是傻瓜的做法
We must compromise life to believe that the opportunity we have in hand right now is what we really need,
我们必须向生命妥协,相信手上的正是目前需要的机会,
which can help you avoid the swamp of forever crazy waiting before implementing.
才能将自己挡在陷入行动前永远痴痴等待的泥沼之外。
My son! Life is a great campaign. To win, you must work harder, harder and harder.
我的孩子,人生就是一场伟大的战役,为了胜利,你需要行动,再行动,永远行动!
Love,
Dad
爱你的父亲