10. What Are Friends For?要不然要朋友干嘛
Jane meets her old friend, Fred. (J=Jane; F=Fred)
珍和她的老朋友弗瑞德碰面。
Hi, Fred! How's everything?
嗨, 弗瑞德!一切都好吗?
Not so good, I'm afraid.
恐怕并不太好。
Supporting a family is becoming more and more difficult these days.
这年头要扶养一个家庭越来越不容易了。
What you say can't be more true.
你说的对极了。
Everything is so expensive.
现在东西都好贵。
I can hardly make ends meet myself.
我几乎是入不敷出。
Oh, really? Do you need any money?
哦, 真的吗?你需不需要钱?
What I have is not much, but I can loan you some.
我这里的钱不多, 但是我可以借给你一点。
I'm OK. Thanks for being so thoughtful anyway.
我还过得去。无论如何还是要谢谢你这么体贴。
What are friends for?
要不然要朋友干嘛?