94. As Poor AS a Church Mouse
一贫如洗
Anna and Eric are talking about the previous lesson.
安娜和艾力克正在讨论前一课。
E: Wow! Those store clerks really got lucky.
艾力克:哇!那些店员真是走运。
A: You can say that again. Some people are born lucky.
安娜:我完全同意。有些人天生就是运气好。
E: There must be thousands of old men just like that doctor, I bet.
艾力克:我敢打赌一定有成千上万的老人和那个医师一样。
A: That's probably true. And they must be wanting to draw up a will to give their money away, too.
安娜:可能吧。而且他们一定也想要立遗嘱把他们的钱给别人。
So the next time you meet a lonely old man, you'd better treat him right.
所以下次你遇到孤独的老人时最好要好好对待他。
E: Come on! What kind of person do you think I am?
艾力克:得了吧!你以为我是那种人吗?
A: Don't get so mad! I'm just kidding! Besides, you might not be so lucky and come across my old uncle, Jake.
安娜:别那么生气嘛!我只是在开玩笑!而且你可能运气很背而遇到我那老叔叔杰克。
E: What do you mean?
艾力克:你这话什么意思?
A: He's as poor as a church mouse!
安娜:他是个穷光蛋!