声音来源:Lily老师,俊哥
There used to be an alligator under my bed.
过去曾有条鳄鱼藏在我的床底下。
When it was time to go to sleep,
I had to be very careful.
每次我去睡觉的时候,
总要非常地小心。
Because I knew he was there.
因为我知道它就在我的床下。
But whenever I looked,
he hid...or something.
但是无论我什么时候去看它,
它总是就藏起来。
So I'd call mom and dad.
所以我叫来了爸爸妈妈。
But they never saw it.
但他们却从来没有看到过它。
It was up to me.
I just had to do something about that alligator.
现在要看我的了,我要对这条鳄鱼做点什么了。
So I went to the kitchen to get some alligator bait.
于是我到厨房去拿了些东西当诱饵。
I filled a paper bag
full of things alligators like to eat.
我装了满满一纸带鳄鱼很喜欢吃的东西。
I put cookies down the hall.
我放了一些饼干在客厅里。
I put a peanut butter sandwich,
some fruit, and the last piece of pie in the garage.
我放了一块花生酱三明治,
一些水果,最后一块馅饼放在车库那。
I left fresh vegetables on the stairs.
我留了新鲜的蔬菜在楼梯上。
I put a soda and some candy next to my bed.
Then I watched and waited.
还放了些苏打和糖果在我的床边,
然后就在一旁看着等着。
Sure enough,
out he came to get something to eat.
我能确信,它终于出来吃东西了
Then I hid in the hall closet.
我马上藏在客厅的壁橱里。
I followed him down the stairs.
我跟着它下了楼。
I followed him down the hall.
我跟着它走过厅堂。
When he crawled into the garage,
当它爬向车库的时候,
I slammed the door and locked it.
我砰的一下关上门,并将门锁起来。
Then I went to bed.
There wasn't even any mess to clean up.
然后,我来到床边,
这里一点都不脏乱,几乎不需要清扫和整理。
Now that there is an alligator in the garage, I wonder if my dad will have any trouble getting in his car tomorrow morning.
现在有一条鳄鱼在车库里,我想知道明天早上,爸爸在他的车里会不会遇到什么麻烦。
I'll just leave him a note.
我要给他留一张纸条。