主持人:basically, at this point.
基本上,这个时候
You're being forced to be,
不论你是否愿意
whether you want it or not,
你已经被迫成为
a kind of global visionary who's changing the world.
一个正在改变世界的全球梦想家
I mean -- who are you?
我说,你是谁?
Travis Kalanick:
the kind of entrepreneur I am
我是属于
天天解析:
entrepreneur
英 [ˌɒntrəprəˈnɜ:(r)] n. 企业家; 主办人; 承包人; [网络] 创业者论坛; 创业者; 创业家;
is one that gets really excited about solving hard problems.
乐于接受挑战并且解决难题的创业家
And the way I like to describe it
我喜欢
is it's kind of like a math professor.
把自己比喻成数学教授
You know?
你懂吗?
If a math professor doesn't have hard problems to solve,
如果一位数学教授没有碰到艰涩的数学题目
that's a really sad math professor.
那他势必不会开心
And so at Uber we like the hard problems
所以 Uber 对挑战毫无畏惧
and we like getting excited about those and solving them.
破解这些难题十分振奋人心
But we don't want just any math problem,
但期望遇到的并非一般的难题
we want the hardest ones that we can possibly find,
而是最艰涩困难的
and we want the one that if you solve it,
而且是一但解决了之后
there's a little bit of a wow factor.
会让人啧啧称奇的那种