Dust If You Must
灰尘掸不尽
Dust if you must, but wouldn’t it be better,
想要掸灰清扫就做吧,但是
To paint a picture or write a letter,
画幅画岂不更好,写封信岂不更妙
Bake a cake or plant a seed,
或者烤个面包,种棵小苗
Ponder the difference between want and need?
思索一下什么是所欲,什么是所需
Dust if you must, but there’s not much time,
想要掸灰清扫就做吧,但时间并非无限
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
还有大河要横渡,高山要征服
Music to hear and books to read,
音乐要欣赏,书籍要阅读
Friends to cherish and life to lead.
友情要珍重,生活要享用
Dust if you must, but the world’s out there
想要掸灰清扫就做吧,但世界就在窗外
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
让阳光溢满双眸,轻风在发际舞动
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
任雪花翻飞,烟雨蒙蒙
This day will not come ‘round again.
今日过了,今日不再有
Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
想要掸灰清扫就做吧,但不要忘记
Old age will come and it’s not always kind.
年华易逝去,晚景常凄冷
And when you go and go you must,
去日无多时,归期迫近日
You, yourself, will make more dust.
你,终要尘归尘,土归土