琴与船,愿穷尽一生守候
The end of the world.
世界的尽头,
Take a piano.
轻抚琴键,
The keys begin, the keys end.
钢琴键盘有始也有终,
You know there are 88 of them and no-one can tell you differently.
你知道琴键一共有88个 这肯定错不了,
They are not infinite, you are infinite.
它们不是无限的,而你是无限的,
And on those 88 keys the music that you can make is infinite.
你可以用这88个琴键创造出无限的音乐来,
I like that.
我喜欢那样,
That I can live by.
我可以这样活下去,
But you get me up on that gangway,
但是你把我推到舷梯上,
and roll out a keyboard with millions of keys,
丢给我一架有几百万个琴键的钢琴,
and that's the truth, there's no end to them,
这就是事实,它根本没有尽头,
that keyboard is infinite.
那个“键盘”是无限的,
But if that keyboard is infinite there's no music you can play.
而如果键盘是无限的你就没有办法演奏音乐了,
You're sitting on the wrong bench.
那条钢琴凳不属于你,
That's God's piano.
那是上帝的钢琴,
Christ, did you see the streets? There were thousands of them!
天啊,你看到那些街道了吗?那里有千万条啊!
How do you choose just one?
你要怎么从中选出一条?
One woman, one house,
要怎么选中一个女人,一栋房子,
one piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at,
一方属于你自己的地,一片可观赏的风景,
one way to die.
一种死亡的方式,
All that world weighing down on you without you knowing where it ends.
这个世界好重,压在我身上,都不知道它在哪里结束,
Aren't you scared of just breaking apart, just thinking about it, the enormity of living in it?
你难道从来不为自己生活在无穷选择里而害怕的快崩溃掉吗?
I was born on this ship.
我是在这艘船上出生的,
The world passed me by, but two thousand people at a time.
整个世界与我同行,但每一段行程只有两千人,
And there were wishes here,
这里也有希冀,
but never more than could fit on a ship, between prow and stern.
但从不会膨胀到超出船头和船尾,
You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite.
你用钢琴表达快乐,而音符也不是无限的,
I learned to live that way.
我学会了这样生活,
Land,
陆地,
is a ship too big for me.
对我来说是一艘太大的船,
It's a woman too beautiful.
是个太美的女人,
It's a voyage too long. Perfume too strong.
是一条太长的航线,太浓的香水,
It's music I don't know how to make.
是一首我无法创作的音乐,
I can never get off this ship.
我不能离开这艘船。