小时候,
When I was a kid,
年是爸买回来的肉,
“Nian” was the meat my father brought home,
是妈买的新衣裳,
was the new clothes my mother made for me,
是兜里舍不得花的那几毛钱,
was the nickels in my pocket of which I was unwilling to let go,
是那噼里啪啦火花四溅的一挂小洋鞭儿。
and was the crackles and sparks of firecrackers.
小时候,年就是期盼!
When I was a kid, Nian was hope.
长大了,
When I have grown up,
年是超市里的拥挤,
Nian is the big crowd in the supermarket,
是忙活了半天做好的饭菜谁都吃不下,
is the fine food on the table that nobody feels like eating,
是天南地北的奔波,
is traveling from one place to another,
是黑夜当做白天的混乱!
is sleeping during the day and being awake at night.
生活越来越好,
Life is getting better,
可那份快乐却离我们越来越远。
But happiness seems to be far away.
小时候,哭着哭着就笑了,
When I was a kid, I would laugh after crying.
长大了,笑着笑着就哭了。
When I have grown up, I would cry after laughing.