2.15 早读 Sometimes I thought that trying to make sense out of life could be a waste of time. Maybe it was better to just really enjoy life and leave it at that.
①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩ →√ ✗
说的漂亮
trying
言之有物
1. make sense 说的通 有道理
That doesn't make sense. 讲不通啊!
Does it make sense(to you)? 我说明白了吗?
make sense out of life 从生活中讲出道理→悟出人生的道理
2. a waste of time 浪费时间
'You must give up fishing!' my friends say. 'It's a waste of time.'
"你可别再钓鱼了!"我的朋友们说,"这是浪费时间。"
It is a waste of time warning him — he is determined to go his own way.
警告他等于浪费时间,因为他决心要照自己的意思去做.
It is a waste of time to read such a magazine.
看这种杂志真是浪费时间.
3. it was/is better to 最好.../倒不如...
it's better to say nothing, it's better just to accept our leadership.
最好什么也别说,最好就接受了我们的领导。
It's always better to lie than to have the complicated discussion.
说谎比费口舌解释要好太多了
4. leave it at that=let it be/go with the flow
算了、够了,到此为止
I think I'll just leave it at that.
我想我只能说这么多了。
I'd bet my dad isn't gonna leave it at that.
我赌老爸肯定不会就这么罢手。
Could we just leave it at that?
我们可不可以不谈这个?