主播微博: @孙梓晋的微博
微信公众号:英语听力123
"What!" he exclaimed, "Are you quitting me already, and in that way?"
"什么!"他大叫道,"你已经要离开了,就那么走了?"
You said I might go, sir.
你说我可以走了,先生。
But not without taking leave, not without a word or two of acknowledgment and good-will,
可不能不告而别,不能连一两句表示感谢和善意的活都没有,
not, in short, in that brief, dry fashion.
总之不能那么简简单单,干干巴巴。
Why, you have saved my life, snatched me from a horrible and excruciating death,
嗨,你救了我的命呀?把我从可怕和痛苦的死亡中拯救出来!
and you walk past me as if we were mutual strangers!
而你就这么从我面前走过,仿佛我们彼此都是陌路人!
At least shake hands.
至少也得握握手吧。
He held out his hand; I gave him mine.
他伸出手来,我也向他伸出手去。
He took it first in one, then in both his own.
他先是用一只手,随后用双手把我的手握住。
You have saved my life.
你救了我的命。
经典文学《简·爱》
I have a pleasure in owing you so immense a debt.
我很高兴,欠了你那么大一笔人情债。
I cannot say more. Nothing else that has being would have been tolerable to me in the character of creditor for such an obligation,
我无法再说别的话了,要是别的债主,我欠了那么大情,我准会难以容忍,
but you, it is different.
可是你却不同。
I feel your benefits no burden, Jane.
我并不觉得欠你的恩情是一种负担,简。
He paused, gazed at me.
他停顿了一下,眼睛盯着我。
Words almost visible trembled on his lips, but his voice was checked.
话几乎已到了颤动着的嘴边,但他控制住了自己的嗓音。
Good-night again, sir. There is no debt, benefit, burden, obligation, in the case.
再次祝你晚安,先生,那件事没有负债,没有恩情,没有负担,也没有义务。
"I knew," he continued, "you would do me good in some way, at some time.
"我早就知道,"他继续说:"你会在某一时候,以某种方式为我做好事的
I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you.
我初次见你的时候,就从你眼睛里看到了这一点,
Their expression and smile did not" (again he stopped)
那表情,那笑容不会(他再次打住),
"did not" (he proceeded hastily) "strike delight to my very inmost heart so for nothing.
不会(他匆忙地继续说)无缘无故地在我心底里激起愉悦之情。
From: Kekenet.com