She looked up with a sort of start.
她抬起头,颇有些吃惊。
"Qu' avez-vous, mademoiselle?" said she.
"小姐,您..."她说
"Vos doigts tremblent comme la feuille, et vos joues sont rouges: mais, rouges comme des cerises!"
"你的手指颤抖像一片树叶,你的脸颊红如樱桃!"
"I am hot, Adèle, with stooping!" She went on sketching. I went on thinking.
"我很热,阿黛勒,这么躬着身!"她继续画她的速写,我继续我的思考。
I hastened to drive from my mind the hateful notion I had been conceiving respecting Grace Poole.
我急于要把对格雷斯·普尔的讨厌想法,从脑海中驱走。
it disgusted me.
它使我感到厌恶。
经典文学《简·爱》
I compared myself with her, and found we were different.
我把她与自己作了比较,发现彼此并不相同。
Bessie Leaven had said I was quite a lady, and she spoke truth — I was a lady.
贝茜·利文曾说我很有小姐派头。她说的是事实,我是一位小姐。
And now I looked much better than I did when Bessie saw me.
而如今,我看上去已比当初贝茜见我时好多了。
I had more colour and more flesh, more life, more vivacity,
我脸色已更加红润,人已更加丰满,更富有生命力,更加朝气蓬勃,
because I had brighter hopes and keener enjoyments.
因为有了更光明的前景和更大的欢乐。
"Evening approaches," said I, as I looked towards the window.
"黄昏快到了,"我朝窗子看了看,自言自语地说。
I have never heard Mr. Rochester's voice or step in the house to-day,
今天我还没有在房间里听到过罗切斯特先生的声音和脚步声呢。
but surely I shall see him before night.
不过天黑之前我肯定会见到他。
I feared the meeting in the morning.
早上我害怕见面。
Now I desire it, because expectation has been so long baffled that it is grown impatient.
而现在却渴望见面了。我的期望久久落空,真有点让人不耐烦了。
When dusk actually closed,
当真的暮色四合,
and when Adèle left me to go and play in the nursery with Sophie, I did most keenly desire it.
阿黛勒离开我到保育室同索菲娅一起去玩时,我急盼着同他见面。
I listened for the bell to ring below.
我等待着听到楼下响起铃声。
I listened for Leah coming up with a message.
等待着听到莉娅带着口讯上楼的声音。
Source: www.kekenet.com