The fourth planet belonged to a businessman.
第四个行星是一个实业家的星球。
This man was so much occupiedthat he did not even raise his head at the little prince's arrival.
这个人忙得不可开交,小王子到来的时候,他甚至连头都没有抬一下。
"Good morning," the little prince said to him. "Your cigarette has gone out."
小王子对他说:“您好。您的烟卷灭了。”
Three and two make Five. Five and seven make twelve. Twelve and three make Fifteen.
三加二等于五。五加七等于十二。十二加三等于十五。
Good morning. Fifteen and seven make twenty-two.Twenty-twoand six make twenty-eight.
你好。十五加七,二十二。二十二加六,二十八。
I haven't time to light it again.
没有时间去再点着它。
Twenty-six and Five make thirty-one.
二十六加五,三十一。
Phew! Then that makes Five-hundred-and-one-million,six-hundred-twenty-two-thousand, seven-hundred-thirty-one.
哎哟!一共是五亿一百六十二万二千七百三十一。
"Five hundred million what?" asked the little prince.
“五亿什么呀?”小王子问。
Eh? Are you still there?
嗯?你还待在这儿那?
Five-hundred-and-one million, I can't stop, I have so much to do!
五亿一百万,我也不知道是什么了。我的工作很多!
I am concerned with matters of consequence.
我是很严肃的。
I don't amusemyself with balderdash. Two and Five make seven...
我可是从来也没有功夫去闲聊!二加五得七…
"Five-hundred-and-one million what?" repeated the little prince,
“五亿一百万什么呀?”小王子重复问道。
who neverin his life had let go of a question once he had asked it.
一旦他提出了一个问题,是从来也不会放弃的。
The businessman raised his head.
这位实业家抬起头说。
During the Fifty-four years that I have inhabited this planet, I have been disturbed only three times.
我住在这个星球上五十四年以来,只被打搅过三次。
The First time was twenty-two years ago, when some giddy goose fell from goodness knows where.
第一次是二十二年前,不知从哪里跑来了一只金龟子来打搅我。
He made the most frightful1 noise that resounded2 all over the place,
它发出一种可怕的噪音,
and I made four mistakes in my addition.
使我在一笔帐目中出了四个差错。
The second time, eleven years ago, I was disturbed by an attack of rheumatism3.
第二次,在十一年前,是风湿病发作,
I don't get enough exercise.
因为我缺乏锻炼所致。
I have no time for loafing.
我没有功夫闲逛。我可是个严肃的人。
The third time– well, this is it!
现在…这是第三次!
I was saying, then, Five-hundred-and-one millions...
我计算的结果是五亿一百万…
Millions of what?
几百万什么?
The businessman suddenly realized that there was no hope of being left in peace until he answered this question.
这位实业家知道要想安宁是无望的了,就说道:
Millions of those little objects, he said, which one sometimes sees in the sky.
几百万个小东西,这些小东西有时出现在天空中。
Flies?
苍蝇吗?
Oh, no. Little glittering1 objects.
不是,是些闪闪发亮的小东西。
Bees?
是蜜蜂吗?
Oh, no. Little golden2 objects that set lazy men to idle3 dreaming.
不是,是金黄色的小东西,这些小东西叫那些懒汉们胡思乱想
As for me, I am concerned with matters of consequence.
我是个严肃的人。我没有时间胡思乱想。
There is no time for idle dreaming in my life.
我没有时间胡思乱想。
Ah! You mean the stars?
啊,是星星吗?
Yes, that's it. The stars.
对了,就是星星。
And what do you do with Five-hundred millions of stars?
你要拿这五亿星星做什么?
Five-hundred-and-one million, six-hundred-twenty-two thousand, seven-hundred-thirty-one.
五亿一百六十二万七百三十一颗星星。
I am concerned with matters of consequence: I am accurate4.
我是严肃的人,我是非常精确的。
And what do you do with these stars?
你拿这些星星做什么?
What do I do with them?
我要它做什么?
Yes.
是呀
Nothing. I own them.