Career Talent
Lesson 2相互介绍 Introducing Colleagues and associates
Tip1:Names an Forms of Address
Every Office has its own protocol for who is called by his or her first name or title. New Employees should follow suit, after listening carefully to how people are addressed.
每个办公室对于称呼某人名字或者是称呼他/她的头衔都有固定的习惯。新人要遵循习惯,注意别人是怎样称呼的。
Tip2: 女名: 1. Ashely; 2.Amanda; 3.Brittany; 4. Jennifer; 5. Jessica; 6.Katherine; 7.Megan; 8.Nicole; 9.Sarah; 10. Stephanie;
男名: 1.Alan(Allan, Ailin); 2. Chris (Christian); 3. Eric (Frederick) ; 4. Kenny (Kenneth); 5. Ryan; 6.Sidney; 7.Simon; 8.Steven(Stephen); 9. Vincent;10. Alex(Alexander);
Tip3: Good Career Sentences:
1 There is no cerntainty, only opportunity.没有一定会怎样,只有可能会怎样。
2 Failure is never quite so frightening as regret.比失败更令人恐惧的是懊悔。
3 It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.你现在所做的是改变现状的关键。
4 It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.
你真正是谁并不重要,重要的是你所作所为。
Lesson 2 相互介绍 Introducing Colleagues and associates
words:actually 实际上;block 街区;coincidence 巧合;communication 通信技术;dedicated 专注的;minor 辅修;transfer 调任;undergraduate 大学本科的;upcoming 即将来临的;
phrases:catalog copywriter:广告撰写人;fellow graduate 校友; graphic designer 美术设计师;junior accountant 初级会计师;Korean cuisine 韩国料理; loyal client 忠实客户;major in 主修; product descriptions 产品介绍;property lawyer 财产事务律师;
Useful Expressions:
见面问候:
1 It’s a pleasure to meet you.很荣幸见到你。
2 Thank you, the pleasure is mine.谢谢。我也感到很荣幸。
3 It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Wagner.很荣幸见到你,瓦格纳女士。
4 The pleasure is mine. Please, call me Anna.我也很荣幸,请叫我安娜。
5 It’s so nice to see you again.很高兴再次见到你。
6 How have you been? 最近过得怎么样?
7 How are things going for you? 你的事都顺利吗?
介绍:
8 I don’t think you’ve met Jonathan Hunt yet.我想你还没见过乔纳森。亨特。
9 Let me introduce you to my colleague, Ken Phillips.我给你介绍一下我的同事肯。菲利普斯。
10 Ken, I’d like you to meet Anna Wagner.肯,这位是安娜。瓦格纳。
11 Jonathan, this is Rosa Everett, she’s one of our graphic designers.
乔纳森,这位是洛萨。艾佛利特,她是我们的一位美术设计师。
12 Anna is a property lawyer with Collins & Fitzpatrick Law Firm.
安娜在柯林斯和菲茨帕特里克律师事务所担任财产事务律师。
13 She’s one of our dedicated and loyal clients.她是我们的忠实客户之一。
14 Jonathan is our new catalog copywriter.乔纳森是我们的新任广告文案撰写人。
15 Ken just joined us last month as one of our junior accountants.肯上个月刚刚来我们公司做初级会计。
寒暄:
16 What a coincidence. I did my undergraduate studies in Kansas City.真巧啊!我是在堪萨斯市读的大学。
17 Really, you went to UMKC? Me too!真的吗? 你是在堪萨斯市的密苏里大学读的书? 我也是呀!
18 Well, It’s nice to meet a fellow graduate of UMKC.很高兴遇见校友!
19 Small world, isn’t it? 世界真小,对吧?
20 What a nice surprise! 真意外啊!
21 How about joining us for lunch? 我们一起吃午饭吧,好吗?
22 I have heard so much about you from Mr. Zhang.我经常听张先生提到您。
23 I really look forward to working with you.真的期待能够和您共事。
dialogue 1:
Timothy: Hi Rosa,please come in. Oh, I don’t think you’ve met Jonathan Hunt yet. Jonathan is our new catalog copywriter. He was just showing me some new product descriptions that he’s been working on for the upcoming catalog. Jonathan, this is Rosa Everett, she’s one of our graphic designers.
蒂莫西: 你好,罗莎,请进。哦,我想你还没见过乔纳森。亨特。乔纳森是我们的新任广告文案撰写人。他刚刚给我看了他为目录所写的新产品介绍。乔纳森,这位是罗莎。艾弗里特,她是我们的美术设计师。
Jonathan: It’s a pleasure to meet you. 乔纳森:很荣幸见到你。
Rosa: Thank you, the pleasure is mine. 罗莎:谢谢,是我的荣幸。
Timothy: Jonathan just transferred here from our location in Kansas City.
蒂莫西:乔纳森刚刚从我们在堪萨斯市的办事处调到这里。
Rosa: What a coincidence. I did my undergraduate studies in Kansas City, at the University of Missouri.
罗莎:真巧啊!我是在堪萨斯市读的大学,就在密苏里大学。
Jonathan: Really, you went to UMKC? Me too! I studied English literature with a minor in communications.
乔纳森:真的吗?你是在堪萨斯市的密苏里大学读的书? 我也是呀! 我攻读英语文学专业,辅修通信技术专业。
Rosa: I majored in business and marketing. 罗莎:我主修商务和营销专业。
Jonathan: Well, It’s nice to meet a fellow graduate of UMKC. 乔纳森:很高兴遇见校友!
Timothy: Small world, isn’t it? 蒂莫西:世界真小啊,对吧!
Dialogue 2:
Janice: Anna, Is that you? What a nice surprise! I didn’t know you like Korean food!
詹尼斯: 是安娜吗? 真意外啊! 我以前都不知道你喜欢韩国料理。
Anna: Hi Janice, it’s so nice to see you again. Actually I love Korean cuisine. This is one of my favorite restaurants, and it’s just a few blocks form my office.
安娜:你好,詹尼斯,很高兴再次见到你。实际上,我很喜欢韩国料理。这是我最喜欢的餐厅之一,离我的办公室只有几个街区远。
Janice: Really? This is my first time coming here, but it seems like a nice place. Oh, let me introduce you to my colleague, Ken Philips. Ken just joined us last month as one of our junior accountants. Ken, I’d like you to meet Anna Wagner. Anna is a property lawyer with Collins & Fitzpatrick Law Firm on Pine Street. She’s one of our dedicated and loyal clients.
詹尼斯:真的呀? 我第一次来这家餐厅,不过这儿看上去挺不错的。哦,我给你介绍一下我的同事肯。菲利普斯。肯上个月刚刚来我们公司做初级会计。 肯,这位是安娜。瓦格纳。 安娜在松树大街上的柯林斯和菲茨帕卡特里克律师事务所担任财产事务律师。她是我们的忠实客户之一。
Ken: It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms Wagner. 肯恩:很荣幸见到你,瓦格纳女士。
Anna: The pleasure is mine. please , call me Anna. 安娜:我也很荣幸,请叫我安娜。
Janice: Anna, since you just got here, and Ken and I haven’t ordered yet, how about joining us for lunch? I can ask the waiter to bring another chair to the table. 詹尼斯: 安娜,既然你也刚进来,我和肯也没点菜呢,咱么一起吃午饭吧,好吗? 我让服务员再拿一把椅子过来。
Anna: Sure, I’d love to. 安娜:好啊!