That Night
那一晚
作者:林徽因
那一晚我的船推出了河心,
That night my boat was pushed out the heart of the stream;
湛蓝的天上拖着密密的星。
The deep blue sky with dense trailing stars did teem.
那一晚你的手牵着我的手,
That night your hand was in my hand, held so fast;
迷惘的星夜封锁起重愁。
The wandering starry night locked the grief down cast.
那一晚你和我分定了方向,
In case that we go separate ways, you and me,
两人各认取个生活的模样。
We would live our own life, whatever it might be.
到如今我的船仍在海面上飘,
Up to now, my boat still floats on the blue ocean;
纤弱的桅杆常在风涛里摇。
The frail mast against the wind oft stirs a motion.
到如今太阳只在我背后徘徊,
Up to now the sun but behind me does linger,
层层的阴影留守在我周围。
Casting its shade about me layer upon layer.
到如今我还记着那一晚的天,
Up to now, I still remember the sky that night,
星光、眼泪、白茫茫的江边!
Starlight, tears and the riverside covered with white.
到如今我想念你岸上的耕种:
Up to now I miss your seed sowing on the bank,
红花儿黄花儿朵朵的生动。
Red flowers, yellow flowers, so vivid, so rank.
那一天我希望要走到了顶层,
That day I hoped to have climbed to the very top;
蜜一伴酿出那记忆的滋润。
In the moistening honey my memory does sop.
那一天我要挎上带羽翼的箭,
That day a plumed arrow I would take and let go
望着你花园里射一个满弦。
Into your garden, shot from my fully bent bow.
那一天你要听到鸟般的歌唱,
That day you would hear a song just like from a bird;
那便是我静候你的赞赏。
That was for you, long awaited, such a reward.
那一天你要看到零乱的花影,
That day you would see a flower shade stirred appear;
那便是我私闯入当年的边境!
That was for you, the border so trespassed that year.