当我还是个小女孩的时候,我以为夏天是我们的。
When we were girls, We owned the summer
在那些永无尽头
一天天彼此交融的湿润夏日里
我们撒了野的跑着。
We ran wild through humid summer days
That never ended
But melted one into the other.
远离大人窥视的目光,
我们按自己选择的方式安排着生活。
We shaped our days the way we chose,
far from the prying eyes of adults.
我们吃光一把又一把甜中带苦的巧克力
We ate handful of bittersweet chocolate chips
我们让风吹进来,让它肆意搅动我们的夏日。
We let the wind blow in
and churn our summer day around.
我们让似曾相熟的音乐在屋子里轰鸣,
我们则在一边随着音乐飞快地旋转。
We let the music we were only vaguely familiar
with roar through the house.
And we twirled.
在风中、在音乐里、在客厅里,我们飞旋。
We twirled in the living room in the wind
and in the music.
飞旋着,想像自己是诗人、
是舞者、是科学家、是春天里的新娘。
We twirled and we imagined that we were poets
and dancers and scientists and spring brides.
永远活在我们的夏日之梦里。
We could live in our summer dreams forever.
那时,我们还是小女孩。
When we were girls.